MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows if the 990R comes with a battery tender?

I found a plug under the seat and I have read in this forum that is for attach a battery tender that is supplied with the bike...at least, in previous models...but the dealer does not give me such thing when I bought the Brute...

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
Don't know about the newer bikes....email the factory and ask them what is supposed to be delivered with the bike. Many dealers take the extra stuff out and then sell it to you....

My 2008 bike came with the charger and stand...and was supposed to have a cover too, but the dealer took that and sold it...bastard.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
..and was supposed to have a cover too, but the dealer took that and sold it...bastard.
No he didn't.........he gave it to me......:stickpoke juuuuuust kiddin.

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
That's true...Randy got HIS cover....if you got two of them then one is mine..fork it over.

I wasn't in quite a tight with the sales manager as Randy...of course, Randy had only bought about 100 bikes from the guy over the years.....I did get a hat and a t-shirt, though!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got the charger, cover and stand but no lead onto the battery. Anyone have a extra battery lead for the MV factory charger. It has a special connection jack. Please PM me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a pity... :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi - i bought a 989r back in april and got the paddock stand and charger all in (didnt even know about it until i rode my bike in to part ex it and ride the new one back, only to be asked where i was going to put the paddock stand and box!!!)

·
Registered
456 Posts
just heard back from mv usa in an email from them, they confirmed when you get a new 2010 990r or 1090rr you get the bike and that is all, no charger, no cover, no stand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got the charger, cover and stand but no lead onto the battery. Anyone have a extra battery lead for the MV factory charger. It has a special connection jack. Please PM me.
Just cut the connector of and fit your own one. Please make shure the polarity is the correct way though, the charger should detect it's wrong and not charge it but it's better safe than sorry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just heard back from mv usa in an email from them, they confirmed when you get a new 2010 990r or 1090rr you get the bike and that is all, no charger, no cover, no stand.
So I will go to get a MV charger thru the after market...

...thou I am wondering...is it worth???

·
Registered
456 Posts
honestly, unless the mv charger is the same price or has some other option that makes it much better than a standard Battery Tender Plus or Jr. or any comparable brand such as Yuasa, or optimate, etc, then if you want an MV branded one get it.

But I know that i have been using a Battery Tender branded charger on my older bike and know poeple that have more expensive bikes than i do that use this brand for years and its never done any damage to any of the bike's electronics or the batteries when used correctly, ie connected correctly.

I know im probably going to get an extra battery tender jr charger as i can get it from a local battery store and its only 27$ and its a "named" brand that i know in the next few weeks for when i get the new bike home.

but that is just me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
honestly, unless the mv charger is the same price or has some other option that makes it much better than a standard Battery Tender Plus or Jr. or any comparable brand such as Yuasa, or optimate, etc, then if you want an MV branded one get it.

But I know that i have been using a Battery Tender branded charger on my older bike and know poeple that have more expensive bikes than i do that use this brand for years and its never done any damage to any of the bike's electronics or the batteries when used correctly, ie connected correctly.

I know im probably going to get an extra battery tender jr charger as i can get it from a local battery store and its only 27$ and its a "named" brand that i know in the next few weeks for when i get the new bike home.

but that is just me.
I have found an original MV Agusta Battery Tender on Internet with a cost of 35$...it is not a bad price...The plus the original MV gives me is that I can use the specific plug the bike has under the seat...

Probably I will go for it...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
That's true...Randy got HIS cover....if you got two of them then one is mine..fork it over.
I laughed at the joke yesterday, and then I paused. I did go and check to see if I had two cover, thinking I might have kept one from either of the previous bikes I had bought from them, but alas......only one cover..........(and it's never been out of the bag):)

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
I laughed at the joke yesterday, and then I paused. I did go and check to see if I had two cover, thinking I might have kept one from either of the previous bikes I had bought from them, but alas......only one cover..........(and it's never been out of the bag):)
I ended up buying the genuine Brutale cover from another forum member some time ago....it IS very nice....but I should have gotten the one that came in the assembly parts box from the factory.

·
Registered
456 Posts
can you post a picture of the battery tender you got that hooks up to the stock connecter so that i know which one it is? thanks. there are two loose connectors in the battery box area.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts