MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had a couple quick questions for the Brutale owners. Here is a little background first. I have a 2007 Honda CBR 600RR that I've put a little over 23000 miles on. Love the bike, it's absolutely bullet proof and fun to ride. Before I ever got a bike though I was always drawn the the looks and style of the MV.

Last year I decided to take a look at some MV Brutale in Atlanta. The shop on had the 990R and 1090RR (2010 & 2012). Really liked them both but then the fiancé mentioned she wanted a new car in the future so I held off on any serious discussions with the sales rep. Instead I decided to redo just about everything on my bike and installed a bunch of aftermarket parts.

Here I am a year later and I noticed the dealer still has the same two Brutes. The 2010 990R is a demo with 950 miles on it and the 2012 1090RR is used with around 3000 miles. The 990 was listed around $12k and the 1090 at $15,500 (full arrow exhaust with flashed ecu). He said he would go down to $14k on the 1090rr and he is going to see if MV will help him sell the 990 and would get back to me with a price.

Basically want I want to know from you guys is whether the price seems high/low or about right. I'm use to the Japanese bike market where resell value drops a good bit. I'm not sure if MV holds resale value much better because the market isn't as saturated as the Japanese bikes. Both bikes looked really clean and after sitting on the floor for at least a year I'm sure they are motivated to sell.

I have links to both from cycle trader but not sure if it's against forum rules to post. Or someone might steal them out from under me! Ha.

Sorry for the wordy post. Oh and this is my current bike I would most likely keep.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that I've looked at similar bikes for sale across the country. It fluctuates a good bit and unfortunately there are not a lot of MV Brutales in the states to compare with. I've seen some listed for cheaper than what the dealer has and some a couple higher (mostly lower though). Only problem is you can list a bike for whatever you want, I'm more interested in what they are actually selling for.

Edit: I should also note i'm not just looking to get the MV for the looks/style. I'm looking for a naked bike with a little better ergos than my current CBR for commuting. The Brutale to me is the perfect balance of a naked/hooligan bike with better ergonomics but still packs the punch of a sportbike.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It sounds like a good deal on either bike. I would go for the 1090RR for the suspension, wheels and brakes over the 990 if the finances allow it. Looks like you have the basis for a great track bike with the 600.

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,646 Posts
It sounds like a good deal on either bike. I would go for the 1090RR for the suspension, wheels and brakes over the 990 if the finances allow it. Looks like you have the basis for a great track bike with the 600.
I bought a used 2012 1090 RR for 10,500 and it came with a factory aftermarket seat plus the original. Arrow exhaust is about $1000. If he still has both bikes then he is obviously asking too much. If you can get the 1090 for around 13000 I would buy it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the arrow is a full titanium so I figured it would be around the $2500 range. That is what my full ti akrapovic for my CBR was closer to. In my experience though you can't expect to be compensated for aftermarket parts.

I was thinking $12-$13k for the 1090RR and $9-$10k for the 990R sounded more reasonable to me. Appreciate the feedback so far.

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,646 Posts
Yeah the arrow is a full titanium so I figured it would be around the $2500 range. That is what my full ti akrapovic for my CBR was closer to. In my experience though you can't expect to be compensated for aftermarket parts.

I was thinking $12-$13k for the 1090RR and $9-$10k for the 990R sounded more reasonable to me. Appreciate the feedback so far.

The can is titanium or the header and everything? I put a full system on which had the dark aluminum can and it cost less thasn $1000

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Headers are ti, not sure about the can. I just assumed it was. That's a really good price for a full system.

I'm going to call the dealer today to see if MV is going to offer him any money to get the 990R off the floor. Since the 1090 is used he is going to have to eat the loss if I push him to go lower than $14k

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the link to the 1090RR

LINK

You can see the exhaust, might be the same as yours.

Here is the 990R

LINK

If it's not OK to have the links of the bikes I'm looking at posted let me know and I will take them down ASAP.

I would pick the 1090 over the 990 any day of the week if it was in the $10-$11 range but I don't think he would go that low.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just bought my '13 1090RR for $14.5K - including all fees but excluding taxes. It was new with about 30 miles. The bike had sat at the dealership almost 8 months. I think $14K is a bit high but it has $2K worth of exhaust mods so that makes the asking price a bit easier to swallow. The market for these bikes is small - most people are afraid to buy a bike from a small volume manufacturer like MV. That said, the bike is local so there's no shipping and you can test ride it - and that's worth something too and how many 1090RRs are for sale at any one point in time? Not many.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've put over 15,000km on my 990r in just over a year, it's done everything I've ever asked for. I really only ride in the local canyons so see no need for the added pull from the RR.

Good luck either way I'm sure you'll be happy.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Called the dealer this afternoon. MV hasn't responded to his email or calls yet so he is going to give the boss man a call to light a fire under their ass. I'm going to enjoy some bourbon the rest of the night and hope for a good call tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback so far

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Smoker,i agree with Yama,the extras are worth it, also the hand welded Cro Moly frame,13 on they have mild steel frame and cast wheels albeit beautiful with the same HiPo motor,i considered the HiPo model when i was buying my 1090RR but i preferred the standard motor so bought a 2011 RR,i'm very happy, a great allround bike,you can easily adjust the suspension with the accurate clickers for around town then stiffen it up for a blast up your fav road Cheers Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Steve, I tend to agree with you on the extras being worth it. If he gets back with me today or tomorrow and the difference in cost between the two isn't more than $2-$3k than the RR would make more sense. The things that the RR has that the R doesn't that I like the most are the slipper clutch, monoblock calipers, full exhaust and flashed ECU. If I wanted those on R I would easily be spending $2-$3k.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haven't heard back from the dealer since Friday. Either MV is not wanting to help him sell the bike or he hasn't heard back from them yet. Going to give it until the Friday and follow back up. I think I'm going to see about seeing if I can at least take the 990R out for a test ride. Might be able to take the 1090RR out too.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got a 2011 1090 rr with 7K miles on it, that I would be willing to part with for $11,000.
Just saw your FS thread. Definitely something I will have to consider. Only down side is I have a wedding coming up so I will most likely do some financing on the bike which could be difficult with a private sale. Unless your buddy at the Ducati dealer is a real good friend and willing to let you sell through them without commission.

I'm about 2 hours West of you on the other side of Atlanta. Did you happen to buy yours from Blue Moon? If so did you have a pretty good experience with Steve?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, Steve sold me the bike, he's a real nice guy. The bike is actually back in Macon with me now, Didn't like it just sitting up there, so I've been riding it a little. May be able to work out something with Paul at NPR to help with the financing. I wouldn't have a problem selling it through him if that's necessary. you can email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sent you an email Jay. I'm going to cross my fingers that my performance review goes well on Tuesday so that I could have the opportunity to take that beautiful bike off your hands.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts