MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up the Brute today and rode back from Brum the scenic way through the Cotswolds - 160 miles of pure exhilerating fun. We jelled from the moment I left the showroom. A nice new set of Corsas made me take it easy for the first 50miles, then it was just all out fun. What a bike agressive, stupidly quick, but easy through traffic and sticks to the road like shit on a blanket. As short and light as the XB and just as chuckable, only with oodles more power. Rides like a v-twin with lots of engine breaking and roars like a lion.......and it didn't kill my back or wrists.

One very happy lady.

·
Registered
215 Posts
:yo: glad you had a safe ride back babe, was great to meet you and your hubby, thanks for coffee!
really chuffed you liked it. have to meet up again if your over this way.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Picked up the Brute today and rode back from Brum the scenic way through the Cotswolds - 160 miles of pure exhilerating fun. We jelled from the moment I left the showroom. A nice new set of Corsas made me take it easy for the first 50miles, then it was just all out fun. What a bike
agressive, stupidly quick, but easy through traffic and sticks to the road like shit on a blanket. As short and light as the XB and just as chuckable, only with oodles more power. Rides like a v-twin with lots of engine breaking and roars like a lion.......and it didn't kill my back or wrists.

One very happy lady

Rides like a v twin ??
To which bike with a v twin do you refer ?
Btw nice to see that you,re happy with it :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, did I offend someone's sensibilities;)

Perhaps I should clarify......IMVHO.....

I found the bike to have huge amounts of grunt and mid range, which I wasn't expecting having ridden the 910S and which I found to be lacking in that respect (again just MHO and could have just been that particular bike). I was also impressed with the engine braking, which I wasn't expecting, having ridden a 920 which again was lacking IMHO. In both those respects I would say it was more characteristic of (say) a Tuono than other inline 4s I've ridden/owned.......

I'm no expert and don't pretend to be, I'm just a very happy MV owner whose new bike has ticked all in the boxes in what I was looking for in a motorcycle.

In the last 6 months I had done 120 miles on my Benelli 1130 Cafe Racer.....yesterday I did 160 on the Brute and am planning a 400 mile trip next weekend, then going to Wales on him in a fortnight's time.....it's got to tell you something!

:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how the X1's ended up in the post above.....perhaps karma ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Brute (Italian stallion)

....and with his stable companion (the Donkey:D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts