MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get peoples experiences here if you have upgraded from a 910s to a 1078rr....

Pros and cons
Things that are different and things to look out for.

Looking forward to you opinions....
THX
B

·
Registered
867 Posts
havent done it myself as i have a 910R tricked up, i'd say you could expect the following.

brakes awesome brembo monobloks!
slipper clutch great for track use,
not much more top end power but a decent improvement on bottom end.
suspension will be a little bity more compliable, wheels much lighter and therefore easier to chuck around.

thats about it, if you love your 910S you will love the 1078RR but dont expect it to be totally different as it wont be.

james

·
Registered
287 Posts
Think he's talkin about actually upgrading to a new bike, 910 to 1078, not an engine upgrade.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I went from a 910R to a 1078RR...

Obvious improvements:
Power
Brakes

Not so obvious and most important:
Suspension

I think the 1078RR is one of the funnest bikes I've ever owned. Perfect mix of RAW motorcycle and great suspension/brakes.

IMHO they went a bit too far with the 1090RR.....Too refined (for me). I went to pick one up, but the dealer had the 1078RR sitting there at a good price... Obvious outcome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi
I just bought a 1078rr. I was choosing between the ducati streetfighter and this bike. The duc was fitted with slipons + new mapping. It was no competition - the 1078rr just had this fantastic feel about it. I think only riding one will I person ever understand what it is about brutale. I've had 10 bikes over the last 9 years including RSVR factory, KTM superduke, bandit 1250 and CBR900 and nothing comes close to the way this bike feels. The I road the streetfighter second and it felt docile compared to the 1078rr.
I looking forward to a long relationship with my new love!

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts