MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 910s. I was going to replace the plugs myself but after reading about cracking fuel disconnects I think I will just pay to have them replaced with metal ones and also to have the plugs replaced. Can you guys tell me if these are old original connectors? There is one white and one black. I think I can see CRC on the connectors. LMK.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
You have the stock plastic fittings. It is not that difficult to change to the metal fittings as long as you get the proper ones. There are numerous threads related to the metal fittings

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
And silentservice has the connectors you need....at the right price. He doesn't look to profit off forum members.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I can save myself the 500 bucks then I will. Is silent service a member here? Last thread I read said my year had some weird hard hose inside a soft hose that made it really difficult to install the connectors. My dealer is charging me 22 bucks for each connector and says I need 4. 2 male and 2 female. Plus 2.5 hours for the plugs at 125 an hour. If there is a connection for the connectors Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
If I can save myself the 500 bucks then I will. Is silent service a member here? Last thread I read said my year had some weird hard hose inside a soft hose that made it really difficult to install the connectors. My dealer is charging me 22 bucks for each connector and says I need 4. 2 male and 2 female. Plus 2.5 hours for the plugs at 125 an hour. If there is a connection for the connectors Please let me know.
$22.00 per connector is a high price. They retail from CPC for approximately 12.50 each piece. I sell them for $50.00 for all four connectors plus whatever the actual shipping cost might be.

I actually lose a little bit of money on each set I sell. Here is the email from CPC:

Good afternoon Chuck,

You can reorder. I have both in stock at the quantities you need. The price for each will be a little higher than last time. I will put the prices below. Call me tomorrow or whenever it is good for you and I can get the order in for you. I will need your CC# again to place the order.

P/N: LCD23006V (coupler “female”)
PRICE: $13.05/each

P/N: LCD100004V (insert “male”)
PRICE: $12.23/each

Thank you,

Jason Stanton
Customer service
Controls For Automation, Inc.
T# 508-802-6005 ext.121
F# 508-802-6006
E-Mail: [email protected]
Website: Couplings, Fittings, Cylinders, Actuators, Valves, Manifolds, Pumps
CFA QMS Doc’s: http://gocfa.com/interactive/quality_control.htm

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Reactions: Edward

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
2.5 hours to replace spark plugs ???? That's ludicrous. I can do that in less than an hour. You don't have a Honda, might be reasonable on one of those.

Do it yourself. And buy your Iridium CR9EI plugs on-line. I'll bet they want $15 each at the dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the plugs already, I am going to buy the connectors from Silentservice and do it myself.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
WARNING!!!! Do NOT destroy the connectors that hook to the fuel rail. Unless something has changed they are very difficult to find. You will want to carefully cut the old fuel line away from the connectors so they can be reused.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
WARNING!!!! Do NOT destroy the connectors that hook to the fuel rail. Unless something has changed they are very difficult to find. You will want to carefully cut the old fuel line away from the connectors so they can be reused.
Oh my... YES, be careful! I used very slow and NOT deep cuts to the point where I could peel away the covers. Yes covers, the first is rubber the second THIN somewhat hard plastic but super thin. There is an O-ring at the outer end of the fitting. That should NOT be cut. Take your time, no coffee!

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Dorman has the fuel rail connectors...Got mine at Advance Auto Parts.

They have a variety of sizes. The 5/16 barb I got is actually too big and I had a heck of a time making my new hoses.

Attachments

Reactions: Edward

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Those Dorman Connectors work a treat. If you heat the external FI tubing with a heat gun, the 5/16" works fine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So those are the ones for the fuel rail? Unfortunately this is going to have to be set aside for a moment. Trying to repair my side stand I found the Oil Sump is cracked and needs replacing.

:(

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Yes, those are the replacements for the John Guest Fuel Rail Fittings.

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
So those are the ones for the fuel rail? Unfortunately this is going to have to be set aside for a moment. Trying to repair my side stand I found the Oil Sump is cracked and needs replacing.

:(
I have a 1st gen sump pan spare I would sell if you need one. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I figured since I am waiting for the sump and gasket I might as well tackle this. Chuck shot you a message. I read that the QD's in the tank don't need to be changed since its the 90's that break so I am hoping to leave those alone. I have the Dorman fittings in my Cart in Amazon depending on how my PM gets returned ;). I should really do this myself as I need to check the condition of my Air Filter and need to see what ECU I have for programming by Merc07 (sorry Bro still waiting to do this). My dealer wanted an Arm and a small section of a leg to program it for me!

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
As a Public Service Announcement: Having dissimilar fittings on the fuel quick disconnects can lead to fuel starvation...it happened to me.

If I am changing fittings, I am doing all four.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts