MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 910R from the dealer in New York City yesterday. Gorgeous bike. It was just my luck to run over some mysterious and no doubt ultra-toxic toothpaste-like white goop which splattered the pristine bike on the West Side Highway. Welcome to New York City streets! Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to clean off later.

I was surprised at how different the bike is from my 750 Brutale S. It is much more "refined" with a far smoother power delivery. The British bike mags have commented on this, and they are right. Also, the "engine braking" feels less dramatic. I presume this is just different fueling, since I understood that the brutale does not have that system found on the f4 1000 which holds a valve open. And the new bike doesn't spew coolant. Nice.

I'm not sure which bike I prefer tho. I like that sharp surge of power in the 750 and the raw feel. I had thought that I would sell the 750, but now I'm thinking of keeping it.

Thinking about the F4 1000 R for next year. God, I love these bikes ...
 

·
Formerly WYD OPN
Joined
·
2,150 Posts
dsg8854 said:
Picked up my 910R... Thinking about the F4 1000 R for next year.
Nothing beats a pair of Rs. I would love to see another set of "twins" represented here on mv.net. The F4Rs are actually in the Cagiva warehouse NOW. Go ahead... grab one THIS year... asap!

Congrats on the Brute!
 

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
dsg8854 said:
Picked up my 910R from the dealer in New York City yesterday. Gorgeous bike. It was just my luck to run over some mysterious and no doubt ultra-toxic toothpaste-like white goop which splattered the pristine bike on the West Side Highway. Welcome to New York City streets! Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to clean off later.

I was surprised at how different the bike is from my 750 Brutale S. It is much more "refined" with a far smoother power delivery. The British bike mags have commented on this, and they are right. Also, the "engine braking" feels less dramatic. I presume this is just different fueling, since I understood that the brutale does not have that system found on the f4 1000 which holds a valve open. And the new bike doesn't spew coolant. Nice.

I'm not sure which bike I prefer tho. I like that sharp surge of power in the 750 and the raw feel. I had thought that I would sell the 750, but now I'm thinking of keeping it.

Thinking about the F4 1000 R for next year. God, I love these bikes ...

"new bike doesn't spew coolant"......I understood You!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome and compliments!
Pier



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Greg,

Bad Karma if you keep badmouthing the fine engineers in Italy!!

My bike has been washed and it was caught in torrential downpours while in the back of my truck on the way to VMD in Ohio.

Nothing, nada zilch.

But I do say nice things about and to my bike on a regular basis. It's an Italian thing!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
airfuel said:
Greg,

Bad Karma if you keep badmouthing the fine engineers in Italy!!

My bike has been washed and it was caught in torrential downpours while in the back of my truck on the way to VMD in Ohio.

Nothing, nada zilch.

But I do say nice things about and to my bike on a regular basis. It's an Italian thing!
ah....
you are right
i have ridden 1,150 miles in 3 weeks and am IN LOVE with this 910R lady
she is fine 3 hours after drying out
i DON'T wash my bikes very often.....
but, it is LOVE BUG seaons here in florida and she certainly needed THIS bath

i'll let everyone know what happens at the dealer

thanks again
sorry for the tongue-in-cheek bad-mouthing
i agree about the karma issue
i certainly DO believe in stuff like that



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
dsg8854 said:
Picked up my 910R from the dealer in New York City yesterday. Gorgeous bike. It was just my luck to run over some mysterious and no doubt ultra-toxic toothpaste-like white goop which splattered the pristine bike on the West Side Highway. Welcome to New York City streets! Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to clean off later.

I was surprised at how different the bike is from my 750 Brutale S. It is much more "refined" with a far smoother power delivery. The British bike mags have commented on this, and they are right. Also, the "engine braking" feels less dramatic. I presume this is just different fueling, since I understood that the brutale does not have that system found on the f4 1000 which holds a valve open. And the new bike doesn't spew coolant. Nice.

I'm not sure which bike I prefer tho. I like that sharp surge of power in the 750 and the raw feel. I had thought that I would sell the 750, but now I'm thinking of keeping it.

Thinking about the F4 1000 R for next year. God, I love these bikes ...
Congrats on the new ride! I had an similar experience on my 91 yamaha V-Max the first time I took it into the city, but whatever I blasted through left a permanent stain on the wheels, you gotta love NY! Where in manhattan is the dealer? I may need to stop by and gawk a bit. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
about the nyc mv dealer

They are on the southwest corner of spring st and 6th avenue. I believe they are called Ducati of New York. So, they have several italian brands.

There are some tasty bikes on display, although many have "sold" signs on them.

I saw a nice Senna (sold), a matte-black f4 1000 s, and one of the original red/silver limited edition f4's with magnesium and carbon parts (were they called the "Series Oro"?). The latter bike seemed to have an incredibly deep and luminous paint job on the carbon fiber.

I have no experience with the service department at this dealer - but I will soon. My experiences with Motofixx service in CT have not been great; so I guess I'll give these folks a try.

I wonder what "limited edition" bike will be following the Senna. Another bike I am anticipating is the upcoming VMAX. The prototype show bike looked awesome in photos, although it seemed to lack a seat !?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
dsg8854 said:
They are on the southwest corner of spring st and 6th avenue. I believe they are called Ducati of New York. So, they have several italian brands.

There are some tasty bikes on display, although many have "sold" signs on them.

I saw a nice Senna (sold), a matte-black f4 1000 s, and one of the original red/silver limited edition f4's with magnesium and carbon parts (were they called the "Series Oro"?). The latter bike seemed to have an incredibly deep and luminous paint job on the carbon fiber.

I have no experience with the service department at this dealer - but I will soon. My experiences with Motofixx service in CT have not been great; so I guess I'll give these folks a try.

I wonder what "limited edition" bike will be following the Senna. Another bike I am anticipating is the upcoming VMAX. The prototype show bike looked awesome in photos, although it seemed to lack a seat !?
Yeah, I've had a hard on for another V-Max ever since I sold mine, the replacement has one hell of a legacy to live up to. If the service dept blow ass out there you may want to try Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, they have thier shit together and are a pleasure to deal with.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top