MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. is the anyone out there, who has successfully fitted a power commander to a 910r euro 3 brutale, as i am getting confusing reports as to wheather they work or not, Andy

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
They don't...the o2 sensor is part of the problem. Changed polarity of the injector wiring another.

Ask DynoJet directly. Same issues with Ducatis...I think they may have addressed it with the PC V

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the info, so if i were to de cat my 910r, would it run okay with no changes to ecu? Andy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hi all. is the anyone out there, who has successfully fitted a power commander to a 910r euro 3 brutale, as i am getting confusing reports as to wheather they work or not, Andy
ok,this is how I see it ,the powercommander site only have maps for stock eprom,now we are talking about the pc5.yes you can put it on ,but at the end of the day its not going to make a lot of difference,now if they make a race ecu for your model or eprom not sure on this, other members will have more knowledge on this ,then yes it will work wonders down low on the rpm scale giving you much improved throttle response and smoother response all the way up,you need to disable the lambda sensor and the race ecu or eprom will do this,also once you have finished setting up your exhaust system take it to be dyno tuned,they will make your own personal map for your setup. am i CORRECT guys.:conveyer::conveyer:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Many thanks for the info, so if i were to de cat my 910r, would it run okay with no changes to ecu? Andy
I had the 06 910R (with the race headers etc and ecu ),lots of fuelling issues,had a power commander fitted did not cure, so in 07 bought the 07 910R... now i had the open exhaust fitted to my new Brutale and i remember them having to wait a while for a new ECU.....so if you take out the sensor,i would think you need a new ECU as well,but cant remember exact details.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I had the 06 910R (with the race headers etc and ecu ),lots of fuelling issues,had a power commander fitted did not cure, so in 07 bought the 07 910R... now i had the open exhaust fitted to my new Brutale and i remember them having to wait a while for a new ECU.....so if you take out the sensor,i would think you need a new ECU as well,but cant remember exact details.
are very good, so are we getting closer to the answer,ok maybe to much port tonight.:stickpoke

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
The Euro3 requires a "race" ECU if you want to do away with the o2 sensor and Second Air system, etc....BUT, if you just get an exhaust with no Cat and install the o2 sensor the bike will run fine with the stock ECU...as long as you use stock muffler cans and air cleaner.

Using Arrow's mufflers or MV Corse mufflers or a "Thunder" exhaust will have you running a bit on the lean side with a lot of pop-bangs on decel....then you need to get the "kit" ECU....or a MicroTech!!!!

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
PClll USB '08 910R?

here's my question to Power Commander and their response;

is there a PClll USB available for an '08 MV Agusta Brutale 910R? is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?....it deletes 02 sensing, thanks Noel

the response;

We do not have a Power Commander unit listed for this bike model.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081

1-800-992-4993

next question will be;
do you have a PC that works with the WM IAW5SM ECU? since its on most of the Euro bikes?

i don't need their maps, i just need a PC that will work with the IAW5SM ECU:wtf::wtf:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

is there a PClll USB available for an '08 MV Agusta Brutale 910R? is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?....it deletes 02 sensing, thanks Noel

the response;

Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

next question will be;
do you have a PC that works with the WM IAW5SM ECU? since its on most of the Euro bikes?

i don't need their maps, i just need a PC that will work with the IAW5SM ECU:wtf::wtf:

why are you getting a pc111 for, when you can put on the pc5 I have the pc5 on my brutale 1078 with a race ecu.and I am pretty sure mine is the IAW5SM MARINELLI ecu.someone tell me if I am wrong.my bike runs so smooth its amazing.:lightning

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
PC lll or V?

the response;

Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

Eddy;
if I go to PC >Products> PCV put in 910 Brutale it comes back with a PClll for years '06-7 only:jerkoff::jerkoff:

i have the Race ECU IAW5SM, as do you, Power Commander doesn't understand my 2nd question

"is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?" pretty simple question isn't it?

i would much rather have software like Adam (Merc07) created for the 1.6 ECU, than another PClll, they are just primitive patches

i had one on my Aprilia RSVR, i put enough changes in to crash the PClll....fueling was excellent but it was those last few refinements that did it i have a datalogger but don't use it.....lambda meter and throttle indicator only

i have never seen a published PC map for the RSVR that was worth loading:wtf:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Eddy;
if I go to PC >Products> PCV put in 910 Brutale it comes back with a PClll for years '06-7 only:jerkoff::jerkoff:

i have the Race ECU IAW5SM, as do you, Power Commander doesn't understand my 2nd question

"is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?" pretty simple question isn't it?

i would much rather have software like Adam (Merc07) created for the 1.6 ECU, than another PClll, they are just primitive patches

i had one on my Aprilia RSVR, i put enough changes in to crash the PClll....fueling was excellent but it was those last few refinements that did it i have a datalogger but don't use it.....lambda meter and throttle indicator only

i have never seen a published PC map for the RSVR that was worth loading:wtf:

Yes ,that is a simple question,You are correct on there site they show support for 08 910 brutale,but I think the pcv will work on your bike,but I am not 100% sure ,It sounds like you have the same setup as me,We need someone on this site who has more experience with the 910 brutale,If the 910 that you have is the same as the 1078 then the pc5 should work fine ,but need more input from the members .you could also play around with the 1078 maps or make your own.
cheers eddy

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have an Australian 2007 Euro 3 Brutale 910R fitted with the Arrow Stubby/BMC air filter etc etc. It has a PC3 fitted that absolutely transformed it. My tuner disconnected the 02 sensor from the standard ECU.

It still has the snatchy throttle and runs a bit rough when cold but once warmed up is brilliant.

Dave.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
PC '08 Brutale 910R?

Eddy;

Power Commander does not support a '08 Brutale 910R just '06-7

if i could get them to answer the ffing phone, supposedly a 17 minute wait

i don't need any help, i need software or a device to talk to the IAW5SM race ECU

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Eddy;

Power Commander does not support a '08 Brutale 910R just '06-7

if i could get them to answer the ffing phone, supposedly a 17 minute wait

i don't need any help, i need software or a device to talk to the IAW5SM race ECU

ok ,software is going to be hard to find,I think
vehicle diagnostic scan tool pro, might do the job.but you have to pay for it,cheers eddy

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
tool?

Eddy;
i have the VDSTS tool.....doesn't do much with the IAW5SM ECU

after finally getting through to Power Commander's tech guy......they never had an '08 910R to play with and the word is the polarity at the injector is reversed......so he gave me part#727-411 which looks like a PClll USB number......he said it might work

a '09 1078 uses a PC V part# 24-002 and has a IAW5SM ECU same as the '08 910R.......go figure :wtf:

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
The 727-411 is what I tried, Noel. Had to swap the polarity of the injector plugs and then get a patch for the RPM, as that PC III is configured for the "firing in pairs" of the 16M.

Must admit that it made a lot of power after the dyno session, but fuel mileage took a dump and the throttle wasn't that much more noticeably smooth in the lower rpms....

I took it off, put it back to original and sold it...My 910R with the kit ECU and pipes and a BMC air cleaner runs just fine. I don't think the PC III was worth the money or the hassle for the '08 model.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
Pc?

thanks Ed, when i talked to Power Commander's tech.....they obviously hadn't had an '08 910R to play with

the '09 1078 uses the same ECU and they recommend a part#24-002, a PC-V

i need to get head pipes and a mid pipe off an '06-7
i have the Race ECU installed, now its time for a lambda meter

with a VDSTS i set the TPS to 2.3 deg......i balanced the throttles with a Kowa Seiki 55-64 digital vacuum meter
idles at 1175RPM and hunts......i need to open the throttles and close the bypass screws and then reset the TPS again :jerkoff:
its acting like the map doesn't go much under 1,200RPM :wtf:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
thanks Ed, when i talked to Power Commander's tech.....they obviously hadn't had an '08 910R to play with

the '09 1078 uses the same ECU and they recommend a part#24-002, a PC-V

i need to get head pipes and a mid pipe off an '06-7
i have the Race ECU installed, now its time for a lambda meter

with a VDSTS i set the TPS to 2.3 deg......i balanced the throttles with a Kowa Seiki 55-64 digital vacuum meter
idles at 1175RPM and hunts......i need to open the throttles and close the bypass screws and then reset the TPS again :jerkoff:
its acting like the map doesn't go much under 1,200RPM :wtf:

that'ok as long as you get it sorted out,and really, you want it to idle at about 1250rpm to 1300 rpm.that I think is pretty normal. all the beat

·
Administrator
20,341 Posts
Play with the CO trim until you get steady idle at 1250 rpm when at operating temps....want a BMC air cleaner, Noel? I have a spare...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts