MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my Brutale was parked on the left side of angled parking....

At the right rear of the space to make it more obvious........

A yuppie dildo driving a new Audi SUV while texting.......

And he drove my bike to the left front of the space...... almost hitting the car on the left

The obvious.....

Swingarm
Frame plate
Ade's CNC foot peg
Shift lever and peg
Frame slider
F4 cover and bolts
Tank......popped the bubble in the paint..... lucky shot :drummer:
Motovation bar end
CRG mirror
Clutch lever
And my Bell Star helmet that bounced 10 feet away

May have gotten the steering stop too....

It's going to Moto Forza for the estimate :drummer:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
But seriously, I was speaking to Noel on the phone yesterday just after this happened - it's a crappy outcome because of one selfish persons disregard for others safety and property.

At least in this case, Noel was not hurt.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Sorry to hear that Noel, that's a crap thing to happen and real bad luck was there any witnesses with the texting?
Similar event happened to me in 88 with my brand new CBR600 (1st of the Jelly moulds) parked up, I was 18 years old and so proud of my new bike when some ditherer knocked it over in a car park (no mobile phones around then). Gutting news I hope they can sort it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to hear that Noel. Hate reading shit like this, bloody car drivers on their phones. Would be so tempting to pick up the helmet n ram it through his teeth :bash:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Was this a hit and run, or did the person come forward?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Noel mentioned that he heard the impact and the driver did not attempt to leave the scene. He swapped details with Noel.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Is the Audi driver still alive?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
That's terrible news, at least you weren't on the bike and injured. Hope the dumb Audi driver has decent insurance that pays out without question. Will the bike, if it's not written off, ever be the same though?

·
Super Moderator
22,505 Posts
I'm sure Noel won't mind...

He sent me a picture:

Noel's 910R.jpg

·
Registered
654 Posts
Shit Noel, that's a horrible thing to happen to your bike. It sounds like it's going to be a hefty repair bill.
I bet you felt like shooting the idiot!
Maybe it's a good time to get a 1078RR! :stickpoke

·
Registered
48 Posts
Noel, sorry to hear this. Bad things happen in three's so everyone be on the lookout! My brutale was just assaulted in nearly identical fashion about a month ago while parked at a train station. Got off the train to find it laying on the right side. Broken rearset, scuffed exhaust, bar ends, etc...Bastard didn't stick around either! Just a friendly recommendation, throw a set of the long motivation sliders on next time, they potrude far enough to save the costly bits. Hope she's back up and running soon!

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
?

Ben's observation about the Motivation bar ends is true....

Although the barend bent.......bar got the tank right in the only bubble in the paint :yo:

So new tank

The alloy frame protectors that only stickout 4mm saved the frame .....the steering

locked to the left helped too

Basically the bike was on the tires, the barend and the F4 cover bolts

So whatever the insurance payout is....... I only need a tank and a steering stop

I have everything else already ....

Snagged a black '10, 20mm longer and a kilo lighter swingarm on eBay yesterday

That will go on with the black frame plates I already have, radiator covers will be

reannodized black

Need a '10 lower chain guard too

It's not like I'm not riding it anyway :drummer::drummer:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts