MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the thread title. I'm going to look at a low mileage 910R at a local dealers. As I'm a Brutie virgin, I'm wondering if there are any things in particular that I should be looking out for? Having had two F4's in the past, I'm familiar with the issues they threw up, hub bearings, overheating etc. but have 910 owners here come across any other issues specific to those bikes that I should be aware of when checking one out?

·
Administrator
19,823 Posts
Nope....other than the early SPUs they are same chassis issues as the F4 and none of the overheating.

Reactions: cruiser

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
910 problems

Rear wheel hub that's a must to change to the stronger Mitch hub
Had mine since 2005 this bike needs a little more padding on the seat , this bike needs to be ridden you don't ride it if you don't take control of it you won't enjoy it it's not a jap bike that anyfool can ride

220klm to a tank

But the bike is fantastic more fun than your misses on her birthday

Reactions: theknurl

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am fastidious with maintenance but she’s been totally reliable. Front fork seals seem to weep no matter what. The rad grill gets beat up and can rust, but a little elbow grease and high temp satin clean it up to perfection. The larger OEM water pump/upgraded impeller is still a good idea IMhO. I added the Alloy fan too, which looks awesome. Tuning can be tricky. When it’s right it’s brilliant. Set all the suspension back to stock strada settings, paying attention to the confusion of directions. I’ve found bliss with the OEM settings, a little extra rear ride height and a few clicks of rebound. Get a steering damper, because get one. If you have electrical gremlins or weak starting, try new battery first.

Other than that, the 910R is quite simply one of the most incredible motorcycles I’ve ever found.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

John;
1st check the color of the BACK of the SPU, it's under the right side cover, if it's blue
you'll want a new black backed one.....negotiate on the price of the bike to cover the new SPU if needed
The part number goes by VIN it's in Carl's sticky at the top of the page

Service the rear hub, adjust the chain and torque the pinch bolts to 15lbft/20Nm
Check the glue on the headlight lens
Replace the fuel filter and hoses in the tank
Check your fluid levels

Have fun!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know it's been a month since you first asked. Did you buy it? One more difference between the F4 and Brutale; the headlight lens will fall off and shatter on the road.[/QUOTE

In a word No mate, I didn't. But I believe another forum member here has. I bought this instead, apologies for the chicken strips but I'd just rode it home and its only done 600 miles from new:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts