MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Cycle World (my Bible), and there is a 12-bike naked shootout including the 910R. Just thought you nudists would want to know.

Looks like their familiar "text box" ups and downs seems to echo what you all have said:

UPS: "Carves like a scalpel", "Race-like suspension", "Beauty is a beast"
DOWNS: "Useless mirrors" (note from me: The Mirror Engineer at MV has nude photos of Claudio, I'm sure...How else does he have a job?), "Lightswitch throttle", and "Bring money...for MSRP, then to pay for gas"

Nice little write-up as well, the R getting awarded' "Best Racetrack Weapon without Clothes"...That's a nice compliment!

October 2006 CW

FYI

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
512 Posts
twoeleven said:
Just got my new Cycle World (my Bible), and there is a 12-bike naked shootout including the 910R. Just thought you nudists would want to know.

Looks like their familiar "text box" ups and downs seems to echo what you all have said:

UPS: "Carves like a scalpel", "Race-like suspension", "Beauty is a beast"
DOWNS: "Useless mirrors" (note from me: The Mirror Engineer at MV has nude photos of Claudio, I'm sure...How else does he have a job?), "Lightswitch throttle", and "Bring money...for MSRP, then to pay for gas"

Nice little write-up as well, the R getting awarded' "Best Racetrack Weapon without Clothes"...That's a nice compliment!

October 2006 CW

FYI

Griff
twoeleven
So did it win overall or just track??

·
Registered
512 Posts
fazer6 said:
I'm sure not overall--Not enough advertizing dollars from MV!
Yeah that would be right, gee that pisses you doesn't it. It's just like the GSXR 1000, they seem to be the only superbike on this planet as well if you listen to people in magazines.

I hope the Ducati Monster S4RS didn't score more than the 910R. How can the 910R get voted the best looking bike when it was released and now.. well, does anyone know what else it said and what bike was the over all winner?? I bet it was the Aprilia.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They did it a bit differently, and BTW, I think CW does a fair job of not writing to the advertisers, IMHumbleO...I am always more interested in the riding descriptions than the outright rank, since I can't possibly hope to ride all of the bikes they test.

They gave each bike its own "Best...something", so logically the winner is "Best in Show", the Aprilia Tuono...

Aprilia and MV each have a full-page ad, so does Triumph who got "Most likely to get into a fistfight", I stopped trying to find all 12 ads, I was bored.

Well written article, for what its worth...

Griff
twoeleven

PS S4RS = "Best Superbike in Disguise"

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Aprilia Tuono was picked "best" overall. The 910R did have some very impressive 1/4 mile times/speeds....10.48 and 131+mph.

Kinda the typical American magazine stuff....every bike got some type of category award. Not really enough of what I read to give a clear winner in head to head comparisons.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
spalding12 said:
i haven't gotten my copy in the mail, yet
it's nice to see that NAKED BIKES are ALL THE RAGE
they sure are getting a lot of press time lately.... glad to see it

thanks for the post
See Us brute Owners know what's up....we're ahead of teh game...now all the toolboxes are gonna want Nakey bikes...there goes the neighborhood....

Well, maybe not, they still think they're "ugly" and want to look all squidly on thier full fairng'd monstrosities*....

*does not apply to f4 owners

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont know how many times people ask if I "crashed" my monster and simply removed the body work.... they are shocked when I tell them that it came that way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts