MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
Figures down the side are rpm steps, figures at the top are throttle opening

He hasn't really done a great deal to make it stall when at idle, he has taken a lot of fuel out in the midrange though, odd, the 1000 map usually ends up putting fuel in at the midrange, and taking it out on the 100% throttle opening in the higher rpms's, it must of been very rich before the adjustment
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it didn't stall today
so... i after seeing this it is fairly apparent that HE couldn't have done anything to cause that.

the bike was running horribly RICH since the new EPROM was put in with the 1/2 system... directly FROM MV

in fact... i don't know what 2nd grader was given the responsiblity of creating the map on the new EPROM

no wonder i smelled so much RAW GAS at speed before

i can't wait to see what my new fuel mileage will be
i bet it'll go UP by 5 mpg



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Mine runs fine with the factory EPROM. I don't know why yours was so rich. Perhaps no one ever adjusted the CO trimmer, now the PC is compensating.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
it didn't stall today
so... i after seeing this it is fairly apparent that HE couldn't have done anything to cause that.

the bike was running horribly RICH since the new EPROM was put in with the 1/2 system... directly FROM MV

in fact... i don't know what 2nd grader was given the responsiblity of creating the map on the new EPROM

no wonder i smelled so much RAW GAS at speed before

i can't wait to see what my new fuel mileage will be
i bet it'll go UP by 5 mpg
This is disappointing, mine runs great with the eprom and pipe, and I havent even hit it with the power commander yet. I wonder why there is such a variance?
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some Guy said:
This is disappointing, mine runs great with the eprom and pipe, and I havent even hit it with the power commander yet. I wonder why there is such a variance?
how do you know that your bike isn't running rich?
maybe it's just as bad as mine and you don't realize it.

you never have a smell of RAW GAS?

what is your most recent fuel mileage?

mine went from 31.5 to 24.5 when the 1/2 system and EPROM were installed
that was my first clue



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
i just saw your other post....
sorry
:laughing: Its ok man, I understand. I wasnt trying to rub your nose in it, its just fucked up that there has been such a noticable difference in the driveablitly and reliability of these bikes. My bike gets SHIT gas mileage, but I ride it like a madman, almost constanly, and its only got 600 miles on it too.

I ahve never smelled the raw gas that you have experienced, nor have I had any of the stalling that alot of people have complained about. In fact I ran into a guy with a 750 Brutale at the dealer and the stalling issue was the first thing he asked me about, neither of us have experienced it. It just bothers me that there seems to be a genuine lack in quality control on behalf of MV, its not like they are making 300,000 bikes a year, you shouldnt have to deal with that kind of crap!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
spalding12 said:


i KNEW that it was running even RICHER than i had imagined

Holy shit, talk about leaning it out....I was going to ask if that was normal for our bikes but with the inconsistencies that have been popping up I dont know if anything is normal with these bikes!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some Guy said:
Holy shit, talk about leaning it out....I was going to ask if that was normal for our bikes but with the inconsistencies that have been popping up I dont know if anything is normal with these bikes!
john/airfuel wasn't as surprised about this "leaning out" as i thought he would be......
guess he's seen it before

before this was done.....
last weekend

105mph...
and i could STILL smell the raw gas..... with all that wind on me
how is that even possible?????????



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
john/airfuel wasn't as surprised about this "leaning out" as i thought he would be......
guess he's seen it before

before this was done.....
last weekend

105mph...
and i could STILL smell the raw gas..... with all that wind on me
how is that even possible?????????

You got me, thats bizzare. Most of my experience come from working for HD, at the dealer level, although I did my fair shair of performance work to my bike and my customers. All the harley downloads (thier equivilent to an eprom) ran rich, but not THAT rich. You know, I wonder if it may have fouled your plugs as a result, that would certianly help expalian some of the stalling. I wish i still had a copy of my dyno tune for my 103" twin cam, but it went to the new owner. I know that the bike was leaned out considerably, but i dont remember seeing such drastic decreases in the mixture as was necessary on your bike. Again, its apples to eggrolls in comparison, I'm just suprised.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some Guy said:
You got me, thats bizzare. Most of my experience come from working for HD, at the dealer level, although I did my fair shair of performance work to my bike and my customers. All the harley downloads (thier equivilent to an eprom) ran rich, but not THAT rich. You know, I wonder if it may have fouled your plugs as a result, that would certianly help expalian some of the stalling. I wish i still had a copy of my dyno tune for my 103" twin cam, but it went to the new owner. I know that the bike was leaned out considerably, but i dont remember seeing such drastic decreases in the mixture as was necessary on your bike. Again, its apples to eggrolls in comparison, I'm just suprised.

i have thought about the plugs
i only rode the bike about 200 miles in that HYPER-RICH state
NOT sure if that is ENOUGH miles to foul the plugs

work a look, however



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top