Discussion Starter #1

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds reasonable but makes me glad that I can do my own work and have the Technoresearch VDSTS software to set up the engine management.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds like you did well. my first service cost was just over £300 (about $575) so you beat me by $100 and mine was 5 hours labour too...
wish i could do it myself too but don't have the experience of koop.. if i did myself it would probably have to go to the dealer anyway! :shitfan:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Koop said:
Sounds reasonable but makes me glad that I can do my own work and have the Technoresearch VDSTS software to set up the engine management.

The vdsts will confirm your TPS but the rest is manual on a 910R. The new ECU bikes (senna1000/R) have more functionality available relative to CO% changes. Very nice to have none the less.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah JamesC, balance TB's and then reset TPS with the VDSTS. Valve adjustment, plugs etc is just wrenching.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Do a search Greg, it`s been talk`ed about befor. You did GREAT!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just picked my bike up yesterday from it's 600 mile service. Here's what it says on the invoice:

- change oil/filter, inspect valves (all within specs), inspect plugs (looks all good), added coolant as needed, sync throttle bodies, check hydrolic fuild (looked good), check tires & brakes, set tire pressure to 34 rear 32 front, adjust play in steering, lube/clean/adjust chain, tourqe all exposed nuts and bolts (front wheel, forks, controls, rear sets, case covers, exhaust pipe, rear wheel, plastics), charged battery to full.

Total bill was $280 labor + $38 parts, $323 w/ tax and disposal fees. Then I told them that everythiing should be covered in the purchase price negotiated when I purchased the bike :yo: :smoking: :naughty:

The shop is GPMotorcycles in San Diego a MV certified shop. I am very happy with the work performed and the professionalism of the staff. And looking at the prices quoted by other members very reasonable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts