MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received their exhaust for the 910R or have any new information? Seeing the system on the Taiwan bike has got me lusting for my exhaust again !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am picking my new bike up today and the dealer said they still don't know when. When were the first 910 "R"'s delivered? I would bet some people are pretty pissed about now.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nothing more said from mv as ive grown used to since owning the 910R, factory shuts next month so if its not on its way soon then it aint gona come till after august,as ive said before pissed off about everything, but biggest thing is still the way my dealer ( and importer 3X ) carried out the valve check ,by doing a compression test.But still an awsome ride and bike.I just wish the service and back up was as good as the bike,i think its about as bad as it can get.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
spalding12 said:
the factory being closed will not prevent it from arriving

They won't be shipped direct to each dealer worldwide. They will be shipped just like the rest of the parts which arrive from outside - and if the factory is on holiday no parts go out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
heno42666 said:
Nothing more said from mv as ive grown used to since owning the 910R, factory shuts next month so if its not on its way soon then it aint gona come till after august,as ive said before pissed off about everything, but biggest thing is still the way my dealer ( and importer 3X ) carried out the valve check ,by doing a compression test.But still an awsome ride and bike.I just wish the service and back up was as good as the bike,i think its about as bad as it can get.
I agree, the "compression testing" is probably a piss poor way of checking valves, but 99% of the time they dont need adjusting on the first time. I would recommend getting the manual out, learn how to take off the body work, valve cover, ect... and check them yourself next time, thats what I plan to do. I used to do the valves on my old airhead beemer all the time. It really is not a big deal. If a valve needed adjusting, I probably would then take it down to the dealer and let them remove the cam as required. Chances are, you want have to even do that.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
JamesC said:
They won't be shipped direct to each dealer worldwide. They will be shipped just like the rest of the parts which arrive from outside - and if the factory is on holiday no parts go out.
you are right
but....
the factory doesn't shut entirely
they always keep a SKELETON crew to accept and send out stuff
the ASSSEMBLY LINE shuts down with the blue-collar workers are sent on holiday

especially with all the problems getting the promised headers to 2006 buyers..... you can bet that IF the outsourcer gets them done.... they'll be sent out..... holiday or not

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes we have heard it all.

I received my 910 R in April along with my mates ..the first two into the UK and we have spoken to the dealer very week since .The latest development is ....A legal letter directed at my dealer as the supplier and reciever of payment.
This in turn has been sent on to 3 Cross (The Importer )

We were told

The current state of play is that the exhausts will be despatched before the holidays in August .

This response came from The head man at 3 Cross

i`ll keep you all informed ...but what a ballache this is becoming !!!

Threats seem to be the only way ! :flamethro

·
Registered
154 Posts
For some 910R customers, the promised exhaust was likely factored into their decision to purchase the bike. They may not have purchased the bike months ago if they knew that it would take so long. Imagine if the selling point waslike this: "yeah this is a great bike, but by the way those race exhaust? ... you'll get them six months from now, I hope."

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
And as ive said before 3X ignored the fact my 910R blew its coolent all over my garage floor they would not return 1 call ,ive asked if they fitt the exhaust for free i was told we will see what we can do ! this is the most shit service that i have ever come across ,its a good job i still love the 910R OR ID GO TO A JAP DEALER FOR PROPER SERVICE.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 95 Posts