1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
with the Race ECU you can remove the 02 sensor, the Race ECU doesn't use it

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No, that won't remove the snatchy throttle.
Yes you have a Euro3.
Did you install the PC ? Check the part number to the recommendation on PC website.
I thought the Euro3 used the PC5, I might be wrong.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hi Henrich, first if you want to get rid of the snatchy throttle,these are the steps

0: buy a race ecu
1: reset tps using vdst software
2:adjust bleed valves ,sync the throttle bodies.
3:adjust fuel trim using vdst software
basically, there are only 2 things this software does .
4: put it on a dyno.
5:should be perfect ,no snatchy throttle at all.

cheers eddy.
ps:you could try the power commander 02 optimizer ,if you did not want to buy the race ecu.it basically sends a signal to the standard ecu ,because you can not dyno map the first 20 percent throttle position.

I would say you have a 5sm ecu, and wheather you have a pc5 or pc3 makes no difference. If it fits your model bike I think is a 910r 2007.should be fine.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yes, that's one of the issues I had, idle or 2000 rpm, nothing in between, great fun trying to ride in stop start traffic.... A Microtec ecu was my solution.

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
The ignition mapping is a big part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I never got lucky with the power commander solution, so this next step is going to be exiting. We just ordered a Microtec M226, now I have my fingers crossed that this will fix the 1250-2000 rpm problem.

:naughty:
It fixed mine, makes the bike much safer and easy to ride at slow speed, in traffic etc. No more idle jump to 2000rpm, you can smoothly transition from idle to where ever you like.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
I wish I could afford a Microtech.....

But in reality, I have the Kit (race) ECU and have carefully tuned the bike and a snatchy throttle is not an issue for me.

I also tuned Randy's '08 910R with same set-up as mine. His runs quite well, too.

·
Registered
876 Posts
hi Henrich, first if you want to get rid of the snatchy throttle,these are the steps

0: buy a race ecu
1: reset tps using vdst software
2:adjust bleed valves ,sync the throttle bodies.
3:adjust fuel trim using vdst software
basically, there are only 2 things this software does .
4: put it on a dyno.
5:should be perfect ,no snatchy throttle at all.

cheers eddy.
ps:you could try the power commander 02 optimizer ,if you did not want to buy the race ecu.it basically sends a signal to the standard ecu ,because you can not dyno map the first 20 percent throttle position.

I would say you have a 5sm ecu, and wheather you have a pc5 or pc3 makes no difference. If it fits your model bike I think is a 910r 2007.should be fine.
On the Dynojet website it doesn't show the PCV available for the 07/08 910, only the 09 1078. It might be because they haven't had a 910 to use as a test mule.

Some years ago they dynoed a Honda 919 with aftermarket exhaust for me for free just so they could offer a map for it with the PClll. It made a huge difference on that bike. It spun the rear tire and pulled the front tire up a few inches simultaneously on the hot Vegas street in front of their facility. It had never done that before!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
It Is either the pc3 or pc5 that will fit your 910,personally I think it is the pc3,just send them an email, they will confirm it for you and give you the correct one.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I believe the PCIII goes with the 16M ecu, the PCV with the 5SM ecu. Did the later bike in the US get the newer ecu like in Europe and down here or did they stick with the earlier setup ? Agusta 17, if you have a 16M ecu you should really speak to Adam and see if he has a chip for the 910.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I believe the PCIII goes with the 16M ecu, the PCV with the 5SM ecu. Did the later bike in the US get the newer ecu like in Europe and down here or did they stick with the earlier setup ? Agusta 17, if you have a 16M ecu you should really speak to Adam and see if he has a chip for the 910.
Mine is euro 3. 08 model year in the US, 07 in Europe. Not 1.6, no eprom. When I got it in August of 07 I bought a PClll and took it to a dyno shop. Only to find out it can't function below 6000rpm because the euro 3 closed loop system will always override the PClll below 6000rpm. Works fine above 6K. This information came from Dusty at Dynojet in Vegas. I spoke to him in person. He told me they were working on a new PC for closed loop systems but it would not be ready any time soon. I got used to the touchy throttle and don't really need it now. But I did keep track of it. As I said, the web site shows PCV for 09 1078 only. If you select 910 model you can only select model years 06/07. If you select 07 you are offered a PClll. Therefore, it appears the PCV is not available for a euro 3 910.

If you want to know for sure, Dusty is the man, or he was 07.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
So for the euro3 you want the race ecu ( to get rid of closed loop) and then the correct PC (which is probably a V as all the other bikes that use the 5SM ecu take the PCV). Then you need a full dyno tune.

Or just get a Microtec which probably works out about the same price as above and is much more tunable :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've been eyeballing the MV Agusta Corse ti "sport" system. It comes with a dedicated ECU base on the model. "910 euro 3" is a specific choice when ordering. I would like to know if that means it doesn't eliminate the closed loop. Seems to me, if it was a "race" ECU, euro 3 wouldn't need to be specified.

Perhaps I want the microtec with the ti system. I don't want to buy both ECU's.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
The MV Corse exhaust kit ECU does not use the o2 sensor. I have it on my 910R (5SM ECU).

I installed a PC III and dyno tuned it but ended up taking it off. Yes, the engine made more power and gained rpm more quickly, but the fuel mileage went down and I actually enjoyed the engine better without the PC III and dyno tune.

By the way, I had to rewire the injector couplers for the PC III (originally for pre-euro3 MV) as the polarity was reversed. Come to think of it, the wiring was likely set up for paired injectors of the 16M and not the sequential injectors of the 5SM system.....hmmmm.

After very careful tuning (balance throttle body, idle speed, TPS, cables, iridium plugs) my bike is smooth and pleasant to ride. Could the off idle transition be smoother? Maybe, but I don't really notice.

Still would like to get a MicroTech......but more so for my SPR 750. The old 16M ECU can use some help. Maybe I'll put a PC III on it. (I have one).

·
Registered
876 Posts
The MV Corse exhaust kit ECU does not use the o2 sensor. I have it on my 910R (5SM ECU).

By the way, I had to rewire the injector couplers for the PC III (originally for pre-euro3 MV) as the polarity was reversed. Come to think of it, the wiring was likely set up for paired injectors of the 16M and not the sequential injectors of the 5SM system
I wouldn't dare dispute you Ed, but suspect it isn't the same system. The pics on evolutionbike site show a chunk of brass on the midpipe and the pic of it installed on 1090 shows a lambda sensor installed. It is the same system installed on the Cannonball and is compatible with everything from 910 euro 3 to 2014 models. Even distinguishes between abs and non-abs for each model and each year. I would think the ECU would be the only reason for the distinction.

I recall the tuner having to call Dusty before getting started. Something about only getting half the data, seems like polarity was mentioned but it was a long time ago now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts