·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spalding12 said:
i'm sorry to post this question twice as i think you might not have seen it on the other thread.

1. does the exhaust SMELL worse with the non-cat exhaust?

2. is there more VISIBLE exhaust now?

thanks in advance

1. If you are reffering to an unburt fuel smell, no, it doenst smell. There is a slight odor, but i think it just from the oils on my hands and whatever was used in packaging that is burning off.

2.I dont really know what you mean by this, please elaborate.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!!! Makes me start to think that the $1500 pricetag for the TI system is worth it for the sounds alone, as we all know, videos, do that sound no justice.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
airfuel said:
Where are you going to find a nice Ti system for $1500???
MY thoughts exactly, I think they start in the neighborhood of $3,800 for the Corse knock off from emoto. This system is signifigantly lighter, the oem cat is heavy and I can only assume that the baffles are lighter as a result of less sound deadening material, but who am I kidding. If my exhaust system lost 10lbs, its not gonna make a difference....its a streetbike, and I'm 5' 11" and almost 260lbs.......the bike sounds magnificent and thats really all that matters.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spalding12 said:
i was just wondering if the bike "SMOKED" more with the cat removed?

i believe that mine arrived at the dealer yesterday
i will go get it today

was it hard to replace the EPROM CHIP?

sorry if many COMPLETE lack of mechanical CONFIDENCE leads me to ask such basic questions

It never smoked before, and also does not smoke with the new exhaust, does your bike smoke? The most difficult part of swapping the chip out is getting to it,as its nesled under the fuel tank. The most difficult part of the whole job is replacing the springs at the junction points on the pipes, otherwise it went very smoothly..

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Some Guy said:
It never smoked before, and also does not smoke with the new exhaust, does your bike smoke? The most difficult part of swapping the chip out is getting to it,as its nesled under the fuel tank. The most difficult part of the whole job is replacing the springs at the junction points on the pipes, otherwise it went very smoothly..
mine does NOT smoke, either
thanks for the info about the install
mine actually did NOT arrive yet
i hope monday or tuesday
i'll have it on by next weekend

did you pull OUT the baffles?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spalding12 said:
i hope monday or tuesday

No, I left the baffles in, in fact, it doenst look like they are removable but i didnt really inspect it either.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
spalding12 said:
i hope monday or tuesday

insurance is alot cheaper for a non smoking bike.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Now I'm just hoping that my pipes arrive with the new machine so they can be installed before I pick it up. What a difference! They sound fantastic!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts