MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black 910R was delivered to me early evening yesterday. Less than 2,000 km on the clock. It looks great.
Haven’t had a chance yet to ride it – too late last night and heavy rain in Sydney this morning. Hopefully it will clear this afternoon and I can take it out for a get-to-know- each other session around Akuna Bay. Will let you know how I go.

Considering a long ride north to Coffs area on the weekend, with Euro relo currently visiting entrusted with the K1200R Beemer, via long scenic inland road. Will depend on weather outlook and first ride impressions.

Cheerio.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Mick,

From a fello 910R rider, you'll love it.

I find about 2 hours is as much as the bum can take in one go but those 2 hours are really fun.

Dave

·
Registered
988 Posts
Big Congrats Mick :)

You'll love it :yo:

The one I had a good go of had hard suspension, but man....it sure went well :jsm: :smoking:

·
Registered
890 Posts
congrats and have a lot of fun with it :)

but man i am jealous that you can plan a weekend trip.
the only trip i will have is shoveling snow.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, well done and get out and get to know it, it will get better and better

Ummm.......not sure when mine will get out next though

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your good wishes guys.

Dave, to take care of sore bums I was recommended an air hawk (pillion size). My mate Ian on a Brute 750S swears by it.
http://www.airhawkguy.com.au/

Rob, I'm getting the suspension set up for my weight and liking. Will report.

Firedancer, no snow round these parts. In fact the issue could be one of too much heat and humidity :)

Pix will be coming soon.

A bit of an anticlimax last night on the first ride. 4km from home to the gas station. Then sh...happened, fuel flowing out of the bottom of the bike through the overfill hose as fast as I was filling up the thing. A well documented issue on this forum, although I never experienced it in my two-year relationship with a Brut 750S. Bike is at the shop - Motorcycle Weaponry, Mona Vale - again on Ian's recommendation, as the guys there know all about this issue. They told me it would be fixed today.

And now, quoting Ian :
"Apparently it pays to be careful when fuelling up as its easy to dislodge the breather pipes inside the tank with the bowser nozzle. The problem is caused by inserting the bowser pump nozzle into the left hand side of the petrol tank as you face the front of the bike. There are two breather hoses quite close together just inside the right hand side of the filler cap and it’s very easy to knock one or both of them off when inserting the bowser nozzle. If one or other is disconnected petrol will run out of the fuel tank overflow. Steve at Motorcycle Weaponry told me to only fill the bike from the side stand side and only when the bike is leaning on its stand. Insert the petrol filler nozzle into the petrol tank pointing away from the angle that the bike is leaning. In this way there is no chance of dislodging the breather pipes inside the tank."

Hopefully, just a false start, all will be fixed today and tomorrow we'll be ridin'.

Cheers.

M

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuel hose problem all fixed and first shot at suspension set up on Friday 15 Jan.
Left for a long trip from Sydney to Emerald Beach, 730km over one and a half day on the Saturday-Sunday with my relo on my other mount, the K1200R. Returned today, 580km more or less direct route with heat reaching 45 Celsius! Like riding into a hot hair dryer.Had to stop every hour for drinks.
Very impressed with the 910R. No sore bum (thanks to air hawke cushion), very lively engine, surprising fuel economy - nearly 300km to a tank, identical to the Beemer. Suspensions will require some more tuning but it's all good so far.
Will post a few pix in a thread under rides category.
Cheerio.
M

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Nearly 300km a tank? Till the light comes on? Dahaaaaamn, my Brute is thirsty.

I sometimes get only 160km until reserve light comes on. But then again, RPM rarely drop under 8k :flash:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nearly 300km a tank? Till the light comes on? Dahaaaaamn, my Brute is thirsty.

I sometimes get only 160km until reserve light comes on. But then again, RPM rarely drop under 8k :flash:
Yep, that what I used to get with my 750S, hence the nice surprise with the 910R fuel economy. I have to say I tried to keep to legal speed limits on this ride due to not too many points left on my licence. There was a bit of highway in sixth gear at around 5k revs for 100/110kph (the vibrations in the throttle grip does numb your hand pretty quickly), but there were also mountain twisties with plenty of revs and gear shifting.
Fuel warning light never came on. At one one stage I'd done 232km since the last refuel, got worried and stopped at a gas station (few and far between on our country roads) and just put in 15 litres!

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey Mick, we must meet up at some stage!! i'm extremely interested in finding out what pipe, chip etc you have, your fuel economy is excellent to say the least, my Brute has improved with my new fuel cap, but the light still comes on from 180K or so, never have i got past 200K before light came on.

cheers

James

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey Mick, we must meet up at some stage!! i'm extremely interested in finding out what pipe, chip etc you have, your fuel economy is excellent to say the least, my Brute has improved with my new fuel cap, but the light still comes on from 180K or so, never have i got past 200K before light came on.

cheers

James
Sure thing. It looks to me like the bike is all standard. I haven't really had time for mods. Just a carbon rear hugger. Throttle is a bit jerky at low speed, but Steve from Weaponry said he would fix that. Other than that, just numbing vibes at steady speed and useless mirrors (but I knew that).

Cheers.
M

·
Registered
605 Posts
congrats mick, if you ever get as far north as mullumbimby let me know some nice rides up here.45c faarrk thats an oven, winters beautiful up here, clear blue days, 15-25c.

·
Registered
867 Posts
just one more question, do you know if your bike has had the race headers and chip fitted that came with the bike?? mine have and it definitely makes a difference in performance, and then i got a PCIII to smooth it all out, i have to be on mine a long time before my fingers start go numb, but i put that down to the Rizoma bar end mirrors and Monster bars that are thicker so have a better dampening effect.

James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts