MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the new Corse exhaust that TAFFSPEED was selling that came with his 910R. (Great guy, shipped fast as promissed.) Now I'm trying to figure out exactly which Corse system it is. I think it is the "Brutale complete inox open manifolds with Eprom" plus the "Brutale titanium open silencer" (part number SP P 3005+3006) but I'm not completely sure. None of the numbers on the parts or the boxes cross reference to anything that is remotely close to the MV Corse parts catalog. The headers and midpipe came in an Arrow box as expected, but the mufflers are not from Arrow and specifically say not for road use on them. Can anyone confirm that the silencers are titanium? They seem pretty heavy relative to other titanium exhaust cans I've used on other bikes, but I haven't removed the stock ones yet so can't compare.

Info appreciated.

Thanks.
Chuck S.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I believe they are Stainless steel like the stock mufflers on the S but are "off road" spec ie. louder.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The silencers don't "look" like they are titanium, but I'm not really sure how to tell other than get them good and hot and see what color(s) they turn. The Corse catalog doen't list a stainless silencer, only a titanium one, hence the question.

Thanks.

Chuck S.

·
Registered
822 Posts
wallaman said:
The silencers don't "look" like they are titanium, but I'm not really sure how to tell other than get them good and hot and see what color(s) they turn. The Corse catalog doen't list a stainless silencer, only a titanium one, hence the question.

Thanks.

Chuck S.
If it is in fact the 910R half system, the cans are not titanium, at least the set that mine came with are not.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There are 3 systems available.

The complete inox manifolds and Ti silencers from MV corse.

The complete Titanium system with chip from MV Corse, (made by Moto Corse. Japan)

The system that came with the 910R. Headers and midpipe made by Arrow and silencers that say R Brutale made by Lafranconi.(all parts Stainless steel)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John T (or anyone else),
Do you know the difference between the stock mufflers, the titanium silencers and the Stainless "race" silencers that came with the 910R? Performance differences? What are the differences in the stock headers vs. the 910R Arrow "race" headers, worth putting on?

Thanks.
Chuck S.

·
Registered
330 Posts
there is definitly differences in the stock header that comes with the R and the race model. I have the 06 and noticed among other things, that the headers on 1&2, 3&4 have ports that connect the two. I was told the 07's don't have them on the headers. I think it is some exhaust pulse dampening deal?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Are these the ones? If so, they are stainless.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Aussie MV said:
Hey John did I tell you I am saving for the Titanium system...?? :stickpoke :laughing:
What phrase rhymes with "duck" and "cough"... ? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts