MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Corbin finally emailed me after almost 8 weeks and said my '07 910R is ready and I need to come in an get my free seat adjusted to fit me. It will be a week before I get the chance to see it in person, but they have these pics on their site http://www.corbin.com/news/

Now if someone could just show me how to adjust my chain, I can ride this baby home.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looks that it could be more comfy than the org.Please let us know after first ride..

Mike21 :smoking:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great job again by Corbin, or so it appears. Will they be doing it in red too? Italian flag, welt in colors?

Now about your avitar...:)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Does this Corbin seat also fit the 910 S ?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Olive said:
Does this Corbin seat also fit the 910 S ?
All Brutale seats are fully interchangable among models, though IMO, like most Corbin seats, while this may be more comfy, it's rather ungainly.

·
Registered
917 Posts
For me, the main issue with the stock seat is not the comfort of the seat per se. Rather, it's that it slides you foward, off the wider rear portion onto the narrower front portion- which is more uncomfortable by virtue of not being fully supportive. I know pictures are often misleading, but the Corbin seat appears to have a rather dramatic slope foward as well, even it it is more "ungainly", er, more thickly padded.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I dropped off the bike and they showed me the material they were considering for the seat, my first though was it is not as slippery as the material on the stock seat. I felt it offered more friction, to hold you in place more. But I haven't seen or felt the finished product yet. I am supposed to pick the bike up Oct 3rd.

Honestly, I didn't think I would like a different seat, but seeing the pictures now I am not so sure. I rode the bike down to Hollister, 3 hours in the saddle and it didn't bother me much comfort wise, as it did sliding around during stop and go traffic.

I am not closed minded, I will give the Corbin seat a chance.

mrossk said:
For me, the main issue with the stock seat is not the comfort of the seat per se. Rather, it's that it slides you foward, off the wider rear portion onto the narrower front portion- which is more uncomfortable by virtue of not being fully supportive. I know pictures are often misleading, but the Corbin seat appears to have a rather dramatic slope foward as well, even it it is more "ungainly", er, more thickly padded.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Krokus_910R said:
she likes women only, or so I hear.
Perfect, it's quite like me. I also love only women ! We are made one for each other ! :yo:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Krokus_910R said:
Well Corbin finally emailed me after almost 8 weeks and said my '07 910R is ready and I need to come in an get my free seat adjusted to fit me. It will be a week before I get the chance to see it in person, but they have these pics on their site http://www.corbin.com/news/

Now if someone could just show me how to adjust my chain, I can ride this baby home.

Just talked with Corbin and they are taking orders. They don't know the price yet, but it looks like they'll be shipping within three weeks.

And they will do them in any color combination.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Its too bad Corbin doesn't keep good records because I was told my bike would be used if they ever found the time to develop a seat. I just called the head of R&D,Vince, and was told.........."oh, sorry" :jerkoff:

I was hoping he would offer a seat or a discount as compensation, but oh well, shafted again :cry:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Darkside said:
Its too bad Corbin doesn't keep good records because I was told my bike would be used if they ever found the time to develop a seat. I just called the head of R&D,Vince, and was told.........."oh, sorry" :jerkoff:

I was hoping he would offer a seat or a discount as compensation, but oh well, shafted again :cry:
Yeah I agree DS, I remember when we got this started, if I can find the email at home that I originaly sent to Corbin I will resend it and let them know that it's really not good enough!!

Not that it will matter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you got shafted Darkside it's your own fault. I called Vince in R&D and resurrected this plan and begged him to build this seat. You were to take your bike there and I emailed you several times and left you private messages about doing so. You never got back to me. Vince said he got the bike in and they were working on it so I figured that you did take your bike to them.

Good job Krokus! Glad you got a great, beautiful and comfortable seat for free and did the world of Brutale owners a favor too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't want to step on anyones toes or anything, but I had my 910R for three months, and before that the guy I got it from had it. And all this time we were looking at the Corbin site where they had listed all the bikes they were looking for. They had the Brutale 750 and 910S and 910R listed. I emailed them, they never responded. I emailed again and back in July they asked me to bring my bike down. I couldn't get it to them until August.
All this time, other people could have offered up their bikes, but I guess no one did because Vince and Robert both emailed me showing interest in my 910R.

If I beat someone out, I am sorry. .

MV910R said:
If you got shafted Darkside it's your own fault. I called Vince in R&D and resurrected this plan and begged him to build this seat. You were to take your bike there and I emailed you several times and left you private messages about doing so. You never got back to me. Vince said he got the bike in and they were working on it so I figured that you did take your bike to them.

Good job Krokus! Glad you got a great, beautiful and comfortable seat for free and did the world of Brutale owners a favor too.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
MV910R said:

No, its not my fault
At the same time you contacted them apparently so did Krokus and I didn't want to get involved in some dispute of "I was here first." If you guys continued the leg work that Aussie MV and I started, despite the fact I had already taken the bike and had been seen by Vince and was told I would get a call when they had time to develop the seat, then that's great.

I'm not butt hurt over it, if it was that big a deal I would have said something in the beginning of August. Once the seat was done I called to see if I could at least get a discount. Vince said he remembered me but that there was nothing he could do.

In the long run its only a seat and no big deal
I feel the same as everyone else in that at least the seat has been developed and we all have one more choice of seat for our bikes

We did pm each other about going to Corbin and then I found out that Krokus was taking his bike and so I got busy with other things and never got back to you............I guess I owe you a beer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts