MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an MV F4 and a 2006 BMW K1200S with a Laser exhaust system. Last week we went riding and were able to compare roll-on acceleration.

I was very impressed with the R even having a 25% smaller engine. Here's a basic summary.

2nd gear roll-on: 30 mph to 120 mph--- Brutale wins by 2 bike lengths
3rd gear roll-on: 40 mph to 120 mph-- Brutale wins by 3 lengths
4th gear roll-on: 50 mph to 120 mph-- Brutale again
5th gear roll-on: 60 mph to 120 mph-- Brutale again
6th gear roll-on: 60 mph to 120 mph-- Brutale again

At the 120 to 130 range the 1200 was coming fast and probably would pass me if we would have continued accelerating.

I've also done many stopwatch times for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gear roll-ons for 60 to 100 mph and compared it to my previous ride, a 2002 Aprilia Falco with Oz wheels, full race exhaust, racing air box...which was dyno'd at 122 rwhp, 74 ft. lbs torque.

The Brutale is faster by at least 10-20 % at all runs.

Summary: I can't wait to get the racing exhaust and see what it will do. Even stock it is VERY STRONG in all gears.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Interesting...I have both bikes and the 910R does feel faster. In fact, my MV's make the K12 feel a little ordinary. But I wouldn't want to do 120mph on the Brutale! :stickpoke

·
Registered
798 Posts
I think AirFuel told me that the K1200S dynos somewhere in the mid 140s at the rear wheel. My 910 dyno'd 121 at the rear wheel with MV headers and midpipe. Given that is also over 100 lbs heavier, it's not hard to believe the 910 would be faster. Top speed would belong to the K bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree; top speed isn't my thing. I really like the brute force out of corners, short acceleration bursts, etc. For that, I can't think of something better looking and faster!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
last weekend... spending too much time breaking in my brutale on the interstate, i desperately tried to vary my speeds....
at one point, my friend in front on his K1200S was about 1/4 ahead of me at 85 mph...
i was going 75mph in 6th....
downshifting one and pegged the throttle (with 300 miles on the clock)
got to 9.2K rpm
i could NOT believe how fast i caught him....
as if i were shot out of a cannon

wow

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
571 Posts
nice!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 999 Duc but everytime he gets on it and hears me coming up his tail pipe he backs off. I get the feeling he doesn't want to get showed up. I think I could take him at least up to 100 may a little more, but he won't give me a chance to see. Any thoughts on this? Anyone with first hand knowledge?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oops! I forgot to mention that detail. I have a 2006 Brutale 910. I'm pending in the registry at this time with a few pics of my bike.
My buddies 999 does have gobs of torque, but when I'm in the right gear when he suddenly gets on it, I seem to be able to out accelerate him. He hears me coming up on him and backs off before the out come becomes obvious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts