MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after testing both 990 and 1090 this weekend have almost talked myself into a 990 .

however could get 910r for £2.5k less , have ridden 910 also and do prefer 990 , but how much of the cash difference would i need to make the 910 fuel and ride like the 990 ?

Sorry for rambling , its my birthday , had a couple + need to make a desicion soon.

steve

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
after testing both 990 and 1090 this weekend have almost talked myself into a 990 .

however could get 910r for £2.5k less , have ridden 910 also and do prefer 990 , but how much of the cash difference would i need to make the 910 fuel and ride like the 990 ?

Sorry for rambling , its my birthday , had a couple + need to make a desicion soon.

steve
Given the choice, i would go with the 990 i think. Im pretty impressed on some of the writeups on it... trying to turn the 910R into a 990 is going to cost with suspension, fueling etc and then you have a bike that is not under warranty as you have mucked with it.

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
but how much of the cash difference would i need to make the 910 fuel and ride like the 990 ?
Ask X-81 (Chris) how much for the MicroTech ECU...that is all you need for the fueling...get with a suspension expert and set your suspension up properly for your weight and riding style. Should not be too costly.

And happy birthday!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Having ridden the 990, I'd say go with the 910. The 990 has all the nice electronic gizmos, and feels more civil, but really, do you want civil in a brutale? The 990 just felt like there was too much extra there. Bigger, more plasticy, just not the same build quality and feel. That said, either one is better than none at all :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Having got a 910R with a PCIII and filter, its all the power i need, i'm currently having the suspension tweaked, therefore i wont be needing anything new for a couple of years at least, with the 910R you get better wheels and brakes, and better suspension although it does need tweaking for plushness. and as Gle8 said if you want civil then buy a Jap, the original Brutale has that much character its not funny, i doubt i'll ever sell mine.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
have ridden 910 also and do prefer 990 , but how much of the cash difference would i need to make the 910 fuel and ride like the 990
are we missing the question a little here (no offence)?

Its not: Which is better for various reasons?

Its: I like the 990 over the 910, but can i save a few bob buy making a 910 feel, ride and fuel like the 990?

WIth all the mucking about and adding thingd, potential warranty issues having changed things with the 910... I would say that it would be better to just go with the 990 surely?

Simon

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ask X-81 (Chris) how much for the MicroTech ECU...that is all you need for the fueling...get with a suspension expert and set your suspension up properly for your weight and riding style. Should not be too costly.

And happy birthday!!!

Tha ECU is £1200 :shocker:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Go the 990 !!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
After a sit at both i bought the 910 r.
First reason i dislike the standard heavy and ugly star wheels (imho)
Love the good fork of the R version and i,m in love with the red cam covers :mouthwate
For the price difference in my case, it was 4000€
i bought Mv corse line including ecu.Saddle Mv corse .Mv corse bellypan , biondi screen and lots of carbon.
The standard new 990 is rather dull.They also offered me quite cheap the 989R but , there not a lot made off so , also the wheels....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having got a 910R with a PCIII and filter, its all the power i need, i'm currently having the suspension tweaked, therefore i wont be needing anything new for a couple of years at least, with the 910R you get better wheels and brakes, and better suspension although it does need tweaking for plushness. and as Gle8 said if you want civil then buy a Jap, the original Brutale has that much character its not funny, i doubt i'll ever sell mine.

Cheers

James
Can you tell me the difference the pc111 +filter makes ?
Can you fit it yourself ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Haven't ridden the 990 but have crawled all over it and my vote would also go to 910R although just sold mine for 1078 :smoking:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts