MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i'm going to do it why not go all the way ........... so its the 1090rrrrrr i'm going for.

black and white .. the one i've wanted all along so tomorrow morniing i'm off to to the dealer thats offered me a fair p/ex on my ktm to sign on the line.................

they say your only 21 once ,,, this week i was 21 twice ,,, can't think of a better reason,, can you ?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
sounds like a plan Steve - well done !

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's what I'm talkin' about!! ENJOY

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is no better choice and I really like your logic!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not managed to sort it out yet due to insurance companies comical quotes .

2009 1078 r = £260

2010 990 r = £440

2010 1090 rr = £1024

weres the logic ?

Did get some cheaper 1090rr quote but one required me to fit a tracker + ground anchor + almax chain

The other wanted a cat 1 alarm (£450) fitted

The bike will be kept in an alarmed garage anyway

got some calling me back on monday , so we'll see , how a 1090 can be x4 to insure over the 1078 is beyond me .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Steve

Just bought my bike 1090RR and got it insured fully comp through the bike insurer for £350 no requests for alarms or anything.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deal done , white /black 1090rr ,1st May

can't wait ,,,,,,,,,yipeeeeeeeeee

after 5 days of countless phone calls got insurance £272

steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just picked mine 1090rr up yesterday. Will take awhile to get used to. I'm used to driving sport bikes and so far I kinda feel like Im steering this with my ass rather than throwing a leg over like on my ducati. Cool departure from what I'm used to.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I just picked mine 1090rr up yesterday. Will take awhile to get used to. I'm used to driving sport bikes and so far I kinda feel like Im steering this with my ass rather than throwing a leg over like on my ducati. Cool departure from what I'm used to.
pics or it didnt happen!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Pickkies pls Squid !!! :mouthwate :mouthwate :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Multi-tasking

:conveyer::conveyer::conveyer:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't have a picture of it. Just bought it and it is raining. What proof do you need. How about this..You can't start it in nuetral with the kickstand up...unless you have the clutch pulled. that's a first for me. The kickside down light is a little yellow dot on the tach......The steering damper is a funny little knob that I have yet to figure out how it actually works...the engine sounds a bit like a tractor at idle...clutch and brake levers are toooooo short.......freaking shifter and brake peddles are also too short....But its cool.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
...she's a keeper :)

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts
congrats....great stuff. enjoy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts