MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I'm considering picking up a used 910r but I'm about 6'2" and 200lbs.
I love the bike but I'm concerned that I will be cramped.
( I'm also concerned with some of the stalling and fueling issues I've found on here)

I've read that the 1090 is more comfortable for bigger people.
Can someone tell me what is different that makes the 1090 more comfortable and can I change the 910 to accommodate my size?

Thanks for any help
:f4:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Hi mate,
I'm about the same size and have no problems fitting on the 910R. On long rides you need to stretch your legs once in a while, but otherwise it's all fine. I haven't sat on a 1090, so can't tell if it's really that different.
Cheers.
M

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
95 views and nobody here has ridden both a 910 and a 1090?
does anybody know the physical difference?

·
Administrator
20,103 Posts
Have not ridden both, but would like to try the 1090......stalling is not a problem, unless your bike isn't set-up right.....fueling is only a problem if you have no finesse in your right wrist...in which case the newer bikes are "softer".

I think the bikes are pretty close in size. Rear sets will let you tailor the peg position for your needs. Handlebars can be changed if you find them in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
from what i can gather it seems as though the extra seat height is well in the seat. to me it feels like the higher by .5 inches in seat height is really due to just a thicker seat pad on the seat, bc that crushes down once you sit on it and it no longer seems as high as a 32.7 seat should be.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i can gather it seems as though the extra seat height is well in the seat. to me it feels like the higher by .5 inches in seat height is really due to just a thicker seat pad on the seat, bc that crushes down once you sit on it and it no longer seems as high as a 32.7 seat should be.
That seems easy enough to fix, I don't like the stock seat anyway so a seat change was in the plans.

Is the reach to the bars any different?

It looks like the 910R that I was looking at is not going to pan out so my options are still open.

·
Registered
456 Posts
look at the thread on the new 920 brutale, seems like the extra seight height really is in "the seat" as the only difference they are saying is the new 1 piece seat that is cut different and lower, go figure.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have ridden both and as much as i wanted to pay £8500 for a new 910R i new i just wouldn't have been happy until i had done the ECU , suspension ,seat, mirrors etc mods so it seemed abit like false economy .

The 1090RR is also alot more comfier due having a bit more room , plusher seat and better road set up suspension .

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
Um, my 5'6" wife rides a 1090RR in stock trim.

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
what's your point? :wtf:

The point being that the "seat height" spec., although stated as a tall number, seems to be a non-issue for the inseam challenged.

I'd ride one for a bit before deciding what to modify...you may find it is just dandy as built.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The point being that the "seat height" spec., although stated as a tall number, seems to be a non-issue for the inseam challenged.

I'd ride one for a bit before deciding what to modify...you may find it is just dandy as built.
As I stated earlier I'm 6'2" - I'm thinking about making the seat a tad taller and flatter to both give me a little legroom and keep me from sliding forward while braking.

My issue is that the bike is on the small side for me.

Hence it seemed that your statement meant that the bike may just be too small for a big guy...

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
Well, FNBD, I am also 6'2", I weigh in at around 230, I have a 34" inseam...and I love the ergos of the 1090RR. Under braking, heavy braking, you should be using your knees to squeeze the tank in order to prevent body motion forward. I have not ridden a 910, so i can't comment on the difference.

·
Registered
456 Posts
you tall guys are lucky you get to flat foot on a stock brutale, i think for someone tall the bikes have got to be fun they have to seem like bicycles that you can throw around turns and such..if only we were all so lucky :)

my friend that sat on my 1090 can practically flat foot it and he is 5'11' and the seat to pegs are sporty but not too cramped.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I am a bit over 180 cm( ~5'11'') and 1090 fitted me perfectly, better than older Brutales. At 6'2'' it should be very good too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you tall guys are lucky you get to flat foot on a stock brutale, ~ if only we were all so lucky :)
silentservice says his 5'6" wife rides a 1090 without an issue?

I still can't figure out if the thing is any different from a 910 and what that difference might be. :conveyer:

According to this forum tall people and short people all seem to fit the thing perfectly :wtf:

Haha, it doesn't really matter at this point - I bought a 1078...

·
Registered
456 Posts
you can be 5'6" and ride the 1090 fine its no problem while actually riding, but depending on your inseam when you come to a stop you might have to slightly move to one side of the seat to get a ball of the foot down at that short of a height, it can be done, its not a major thing but its a hassle if you are on a cambered road or have to stop constantly.

·
Registered
235 Posts
silentservice says his 5'6" wife rides a 1090 without an issue?

I still can't figure out if the thing is any different from a 910 and what that difference might be. :conveyer:

According to this forum tall people and short people all seem to fit the thing perfectly :wtf:

Haha, it doesn't really matter at this point - I bought a 1078...
I found some interesting notes on this review, it also tells the difference in the frame size of one as opposed of the new RR, check it out.http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2010_MV_Agusta_Brutale_1090_RR_Review

1 - 19 of 19 Posts