MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as we all know the brute rear brake aint a lot of good .. the feel a little wooded

so do we know how to fix it do we need to change the braking system :blah:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Quicky

Have you tried a search in the maint section ?
In short.
1. Relate the reservoir to a more accessible location far easier more frequent bleeding. Wrap tube in heat resistent/reflecting material or sleeving.
2. Clean caliper.
3. Bleed system properly.
4. Check if pads are glazed, replace if necessary.
Happy riding, use more front brake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should try the rear brake on the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 - its only there for show
Its not worth a fanny full of cold p1$$

·
Registered
106 Posts
Donsy

Might not be relevant - but I fixed the Ducati rear brakes by changing both the rear disk rotor and disk pads to GALFER units ex USA
It is now at least usable

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had done all that donsy
think il look at new calipers and master

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Col

I can lock my back wheel with a bit of effort using the OEM calipers and disc, using HH pads. But I do bleed the system often, if you look at my pictures you will see I just added a BRAKING rear disc to see if it improves a bit, I thinks the calipers are fine, but OE pads are crappy.
Let us know how you go mate, I just feel I am not that good at backing it into corners, so to spend the money on calipers is a bit of a waste for me.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can lock my back wheel with a bit of effort using the OEM calipers and disc, using HH pads. But I do bleed the system often, if you look at my pictures you will see I just added a BRAKING rear disc to see if it improves a bit, I thinks the calipers are fine, but OE pads are crappy.
Let us know how you go mate, I just feel I am not that good at backing it into corners, so to spend the money on calipers is a bit of a waste for me.
i did all the other stuff a while back and the brake seemed fine (same as you i never seem to use it ......only when im sitting on the bike putting gloves or lid on )
bike went in for a service the service engineer called and said the rear needed work... put new pads in same result as you with effort it will lock up
GSX1400 i used while in for a service rear was excelent

·
Registered
106 Posts
The rear brakes on my KTM 990 SMT I can lock em up at will and the front are even better than the rear, miles ahead of the Ducati as well
KTM is also Brembo
I havent got my Brutale yet so I cant compare to the MV

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The rear brakes on my KTM 990 SMT I can lock em up at will and the front are even better than the rear, miles ahead of the Ducati as well
KTM is also Brembo
I havent got my Brutale yet so I cant compare to the MV
I prefer my rear to not lock up too quick, it sorta hurts, if I get in trouble I use the slipper clutch to control the rear, all my actual braking is done by two fingers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts