MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped in to GP Motorcycles in San Diego yesterday (8-17-06) on the off chance they had a 910 R on the floor. To my amazement, there she stood, fresh out of the crate. The mirrors had not been attached yet, and the rear indicators were still dangling, but she looked awesome, even better in person than the studio shots. I know this is the bike for me. When I told the wife about the near 20k out the door price, all the blood drained from her face. I kept quiet about the cost of the full ti exhaust package though. Just sold my house so maybe I can just pay for it out of escrow. Any 6' plus guys out there have issues with the peg placement?

Cheers,

Vince

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome Vince,

I would be surprised if at 6' peg placement would be an issue. I agree, pictures don't do these bikes justice, they are stunning in the flesh. Best of luck with the purchase if you decide to go ahead.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome Vince.

you mention 6'+, but how tall are you? I remember this issue has been raised here before and there were no negative feedback from tall riders, I think it has to do with your physical built & condition and experience with bikes than just your height.

I am 5'10 and the Brutale is perfectly comfortable for me.

Why not just go back there and test ride a 910 for fun? be aware though, it's addictive and you will be day dreaming about it until you get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'0", 32 in. inseam. So I'm long in the torso. Sitting on the bike seems comfortable. I currently ride a '95 Ducati 900 sp. So an aggressive riding posture is o.k. I just don't want my knees in my chest. Looks like there are a number of rearset options if it really becomes an issue.

Cheers,

Vince

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm 6'5" and ride the 1000 foot pegs are high but have gotten used to it and now feel very comfortable - thankyou very much!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe you should call the guys at Pro Italia that you will come and reserve the bike, so nobody else is flying through the canyons with your test ride....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Vince,

At 6'5" the Brut may be a bit small for you. Goodluck, as we are here because we love the soul of the MV and the in-line 4 ain't bad :naughty: , unless your passing a LEO hiding :bawling:

You gotta test ride it AWHILE.

Peter.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm 6'0...but lanky, and have the limb length of somebody who would be 6'5"...I fit fine...no tank issues, or cramping issues...

You will notice the bike is smaller than most bikes on the market, but who cares...the bike is awesome...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts