MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was touring 2 up in upper Michican this weekend. I"ll admit I was moving very slow, due to our riding partners, new riders on a potato bike :wtf: . So my range was approx 110 miles to fuel light comming on, & I got approx 28 mpg, this for a slow ride :eek:nthecan: ???.

Not quite 500 miles on the bike, expecting some improvement after a few more miles and an oil change.

Under normal riding, with out a passenger, what kind of range and or MPG do you fellow 910 owners get?

Homer

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I had heard the 910's were getting better mpg than the 750's, but my range has improved slightly, now with 6k on the bike, from 25mpg to 30-35mpg.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was out all day sunday with the "boys" and was hammering it real good. Many trips to the redline and big speeds. I got about 29mpg.

I am "slightly" mapped with a Power Commander though.
I'll report back when I get the full exhaust on and do a proper custom map.

Not expecting realy good MPG. This is not an "economy" bike!

John T

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Tony,

Just tell me at what rpm you cruise at most of the time and I can lean that area out a bit to help with the mpg's. I'll only do this at light cruise, the rest will get the best a/f ratio.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feed back.

John T looking fwd to your tuning info when its ready.

Next question...

How far have you gone / dare to go after the (time to get some) fuel light comes on???120-130 miles?

Homer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John T

what average ratio do you tune to, what is the do not go beyond ratio, also interested in how your tuning, what kind of AFR probe, probe placement etc etc?

Homer

·
Registered
512 Posts
Can anyone convert the Miles into Kilometers for me please, :blush: I would be very interested in knowing how far I can expect to get out of the 910R before buying it.

We have a lot of flat open spaces over here where we can travel at about 120-130 Kilometers an hour, what would the fuel consumption be and how far could I travel before the fuel light comes on (kilometers please).

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
No matter if I flog the hell out of her, or baby her...I usually get between 100-105 miles before the fuel light comes on....so I'll just drive her like I stole her if the gas mileage doesn't suffer. :p

I've gone 23 miles with the fuel light on....talk about sweatin bullets, :laughing:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Homer said:
John T

what average ratio do you tune to, what is the do not go beyond ratio, also interested in how your tuning, what kind of AFR probe, probe placement etc etc?

Homer
I usually set up to 3 different a/f ratios on bikes.

For example, depending on the bike, I will set light cruise, up to 20% throttle and 4000 rpm to a 13.5 a/f ratio.

Then I'll set a 13.2 for up to 60% throttle and 8000 rpm.

And for full throttle I'll set a 13.0 a/f ratio for best power.

Every bike is different and customer feedback will also play a role in the tuning.

Most air cooled big twins like richer mixtures, liquid cooled 4 cylinders can tolerate a slightly leaner mixture

I'll never go leaner than a 13.8-1 for cruise.

The probe has to go as far into the tailpipe as possible, but on bikes with a bung on the headpipes, (most Italian bikes, including MV's) I'll attach to that for the best reading.

John T

·
Registered
798 Posts
airfuel said:
Tony,

Just tell me at what rpm you cruise at most of the time and I can lean that area out a bit to help with the mpg's. I'll only do this at light cruise, the rest will get the best a/f ratio.
I will have to keep an eye on it on the way upto you place. Usually I am never really cruising. I am rolling on and rolling off the throttle constantly because of the tight twisties I take to work.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
anucci said:
I am rolling on and rolling off the throttle constantly because of the tight twisties I take to work.
bastard.

:laughing: :smoking:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
airfuel said:
Tony,

Sick, that would be extremely beneficial to me, since I cruise at about 9K RPMs the whole way to work in 6th gear...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I never use the idiot light, and reset my trip meter, old habit from petcock days.
I’m getting average of 4.1 US gallons before idiot light kicks in at 110miles on average. I admit to under filling the tank, always fill to 5mm from brim but base my figures on refill to refill. Petrol consumption is not the 910’s finest feature, seems to run rich, perhaps I have a PC pm my future.

So +/- 26.8 mpg (us gallons)
or 11.40r km per letre
or 8.77 l per 100km Unless my math is screwy

that give you a safe 25miles / 40km reserve (level flying)

·
Registered
512 Posts
mvestudio said:
I never use the idiot light, and reset my trip meter, old habit from petcock days.
I’m getting average of 4.1 US gallons before idiot light kicks in at 110miles on average. I admit to under filling the tank, always fill to 5mm from brim but base my figures on refill to refill. Petrol consumption is not the 910’s finest feature, seems to run rich, perhaps I have a PC pm my future.

So +/- 26.8 mpg (us gallons)
or 11.40r km per letre
or 8.77 l per 100km Unless my math is screwy

that give you a safe 25miles / 40km reserve (level flying)
Say would it be safe to say that you could get 250 kilometers out of a tank of fuel??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts