MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta question for ya'll. I have a 2010 1090RR and want to retain the oem cans but want to eliminate the cat. Will the early 910 headers bolt up allowing me to run a cat delete pipe to my stock cans?

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
Doesn't the 1090 have a balancer shaft housing poking out the front of the cases creating clearance problems with earlier model headers??? Not sure really. Need to do a side by side comparison

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Doesn't the 1090 have a balancer shaft housing poking out the front of the cases creating clearance problems with earlier model headers??? Not sure really. Need to do a side by side comparison
Yes the Gen-2's have the counter-rotating crank balancer that may cause the 910 headers to not fit. However, there's a post on a FB page that some has done it....trying to find it as I wish to do the same on my 1090RR

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes the Gen-2's have the counter-rotating crank balancer that may cause the 910 headers to not fit. However, there's a post on a FB page that some has done it....trying to find it as I wish to do the same on my 1090RR
The post on FB is by the original poster here...

·
Registered
521 Posts
I dont think they fit as all aftermarket manufacturers list different fitment headers before/after 2010 models.

Post 2010 stainless or titanium headers WILL interface to stock cans though. If you check the fitment for MV Corse OL4 twin titanium silencers they are listed to fit ANY Brutale 4cyl, so it would appear its just the headers that changed, which makes perfect sense with the crank balancer on post 2010 bikes.

So you just need to find some stainless headers...maybe even used on here or ebay. Sometimes headers can be found on offer with some of the site sponsors.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
I do have a set of Titanium MotoCorse headers off a B4 1090RR that would probably suit....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Gotta question for ya'll. I have a 2010 1090RR and want to retain the oem cans but want to eliminate the cat. Will the early 910 headers bolt up allowing me to run a cat delete pipe to my stock cans?

@L'altra donna (Levon) has confirmed that the 910 headers will fit the 1090RR (we PM'd overnight) - this saved me having to test with my 910 exhaust so I've asked Noel to ship a spare set to me.

I'll document the change and we can add it to our Sticky section.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thats interesting...so it appears the key difference between early and later headers is that early ones have the cat/link pipe separate vs integrated one piece on post 2010 bikes (along with exhaust valve etc) Otherwise the OE silencers will fit either with a dual exit link pipe.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
it would appear so...just want to make 120% sure before I post up the results.

·
Administrator
18,830 Posts
Thats interesting...so it appears the key difference between early and later headers is that early ones have the cat/link pipe separate vs integrated one piece on post 2010 bikes (along with exhaust valve etc) Otherwise the OE silencers will fit either with a dual exit link pipe.
The headers and cat are welded together on the Euro2 bikes starting in 2007. Separate headers/cat/link are only on the 2006 and earlier.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do have a set of Titanium MotoCorse headers off a B4 1090RR that would probably suit....
Any chance you can confirm the outlet diameter of the headers? The last time I checked the MotoCorse site it was 45mm but that was on a system with a different slip-on. I can reach out to them with the specific model number of the system you have if it's not easily accessible. I'm still interested to see if I could possibly make yours work with an Arrow slip-on (50mm diameter inlet) or a different slip on.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Hey Justin! I'll have a look. It might take me a bit as they are squirreled away in my garage attic.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
910 Headers will fit on 1090

Team, as per my previous comment I wanted to confirm 120%

Over the weekend Simon and I took the headers off the 910R track bike we own and put them on the 1090RR. It was fantastic to confirm 100% that this combination will work with an Arrow silencer.

#1 Using 4 separate pipes connected to the 2 x 2-1 connector headers
#2 The 2 x 2-1 connector pipes are connected to the 2-1 Arrow mid-pipe
#3 This is connected to the Arrow silencer

Notes:
Always use a super health dose of WD40 (anti-seize) on the connecting ends so you can easily wiggle them into place.
Some of the mid-pipes available do have the hole allowing you to connect the O2 sensor. If you have this, then the after-market ECU isn't 100% necessary, the stock ECU worked perfectly well on the test run I did
The gen-2's also came with a butterfly actuator valve - this is no longer required and can be completed removed (you can see the cables tied up in the photos)

Source Bike & 1090RR with Arrow Carbon Thunder

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
these headers are from the moto corsa mv race exhaust headers, not the standard headers on the 910 don't get confused
its the standard headers that will not fit .

·
Registered
14,206 Posts
?

Tim.......
"Houston, I think we have a problem"
I think mv raptor is right, I'll take pictures in the morning:wink2:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ahhhh....good spotting. How can you tell?

·
Registered
405 Posts
its in the detail check and check again, go to star twin site and check the fesh it will show standard and race exhaust with chip the race set up was an upgrade
and headers are all separate cruiser set up is the race and glad you got the can set up

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts