MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the results for the dyno runs for my new 910. I had a base run done on the stock bike and then after the MV-SP headers and PCIII w/a custom map.

Guess what the stock 910 dyno'd @ ?
Come on, don't be shy. :rolleyes:
 

·
Living the Dream
Joined
·
2,760 Posts
135 before, and 147 after
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Depend on the dyno but a DynoJet dyno would most likely see about 120hp stock and hopefully 128hp with the mods. (rear wheel)

This is using the SAE correction factor and about 12% driveline loss.

4th gear pulls also,(industry norm) 5th gear will give inflated numbers.

This is real world wheel horsepower, not some "happy" dyno numbers.

STD, uncorrected or DIN numbers will be higher.

What do I win?

John T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
airfuel said:
Depend on the dyno but a DynoJet dyno would most likely see about 120hp stock and hopefully 128hp with the mods. (rear wheel)

This is using the SAE correction factor and about 12% driveline loss.

4th gear pulls also,(industry norm) 5th gear will give inflated numbers.

This is real world wheel horsepower, not some "happy" dyno numbers.

STD, uncorrected or DIN numbers will be higher.

What do I win?

John T

John, is 12% driveline loss a nominal figure for most bikes? :nerd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Chain drive bikes average about 11-14 percent. Many conditions contribute and it is hard to put an exact figure on it.

Chain condition and tightness, tire pressure and size/weight, rear brake drag, bearing condition and even the oil used will change the numbers.

Shaft drives are usually in the 16-20% driveline loss. :conveyer:

John T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No prizes.... 'cause Cynthia didn't guess. She would have won a bike date.

Nidan was closest. Stock= 113. Yes, that surprised me too.
After= 125.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I just put my f41000 on a dynojet dyno on tues night with rg3 and mid pipe and chip. It put out 130hp running no correction just straight rear wheel hp.
A ZX10r was running 127hp in comparison :flickoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
CB910 said:
No prizes.... 'cause Cynthia didn't guess. She would have won a bike date.

Nidan was closest. Stock= 113. Yes, that surprised me too.
After= 125.
I won !
I won !


where's my prize ???????

No prize....... :mad:

Ok - A question then ....

Do rizoma handlebar grips fit the brutale ?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Wow,

That tells me a few things.
Stock, the fueling must have been WAY off. (probably very rich like many MV's I have seen)

After freeing up the exhaust and a proper map, it was free to run as it should.

Do you know what kind of dyno? What correction factor was used? Weather conditions of both runs? Do you have an air/fuel ratio printout? How many miles on your bike and how did you break it in? (easy/hard)

Lots of variables..........

John T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
rob said:
I just put my f41000 on a dynojet dyno on tues night with rg3 and mid pipe and chip. It put out 130hp running no correction just straight rear wheel hp.
A ZX10r was running 127hp in comparison :flickoff:
Super low numbers there......something must be wrong.

Every ZX10 I have done averages mid 150's at the rear wheel. (SAE correction)
Just goes to show that dyno numbers can't be compared from different machines.

John T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
airfuel said:
Super low numbers there......something must be wrong.

Every ZX10 I have done averages mid 150's at the rear wheel. (SAE correction)
Just goes to show that dyno numbers can't be compared from different machines.

John T
What is difference between bhp and horsepower measured at the rear wheel? Superbike magazine had the Brutale 910 at 121 bhp. BTW, it looks like they put the Brutale's HP and Torque numbers on the Tuono dyno graph in that article. The number did not match the Tuono's graph and they were identicle to that of the Brutale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll post the printout after I pick it and the bike up. The dyno is at Corse SBK and they use something they have to lease from Dynojet. I'm not completely sure of the details... other than it's done indoors in a controlled chamber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
anucci said:
What is difference between bhp and horsepower measured at the rear wheel? Superbike magazine had the Brutale 910 at 121 bhp. BTW, it looks like they put the Brutale's HP and Torque numbers on the Tuono dyno graph in that article. The number did not match the Tuono's graph and they were identicle to that of the Brutale.
Oooh boy, You could write a thesis paper on horsepower, torque and the correction factors involved.

bhp or Brake Horsepower is just power measured on a brake dyno (Prony the inventor, or the missused "pony brake")

Not sure what correction factor they used or if they even care.

Overlaying graphs is fine if they are scaled the same.... Hp and Torque should always cross at 5250rpm.

If you do a search on horsepower you will have days of reading to do.
The main thing is use the same dyno and the same correction factor.

John T
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top