MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I am aware of an 850 SS for sale in my native Denmark. It is supposed to be a special version of the 850 SS with 846 cc which is different from the standard 837 cc. It is supposed to have a different oil pump, pistons etc.

Supposedly on 5 of these were ever made. It has 2.200 km on it! It comes with original tools, documentation etc.

Does anyone know anything about this supposedly very special model.

I have several photos I can e-mail.

Rgds.
U. Kristiansen
954 444 1265

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Yes that is the exact bike. I just tried searching for the one in UK but couldn't find it. I believe the asking price is around 60k Euros which seems very high. I don't know about the thing about only 5 of this specific type ever made.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. The one on E-bay is a Magni version of an MV 750. This is not the same as the one offered in DK. Nice bike though.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Here's a bit more info you may have already seen, you are correct Uskusa, in that the 'standard' 850SS had a 837cc motor, what differences the 846cc model has, wouldn't in my opinion justify the high price tag. It depends on your point of view, but one of the later Magni bikes (bearing in mind Arturo Magni was one of the leading lights at Cascina Costa di Verghera) would be my preferred option. If someone leaves me £18,000 in their will, I will (no pun intended) be purchasing the bike on ebay. :) BTW they were referred to as Boxers until Ferrari complained and they reverted to the name Monza.

http://thebikemuseum.com/master_view.php?id=16&MV Agusta&850SS Monza Boxer

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A Magni MV is different to a MV which Magni did mods to. The Magni MV is basically a new bike using a 750 4c MV engine. Works comprise frame, seat, tank, fairing, brakes, engine, etc. he also worked on 'standard' MVs doing mods such as chain drive conversion, engine kits tuning.

I understand the ebay UK bike has had the Magni mods done as opposed to being a Magni

There were some other people around who did similar work to Magni with the MV fours as a basis. Kay, Hansen, Bold and Corona. www.thebikemuseum.com has more info re these bikes and possibly a picture of an original 850 SS (with about 48 kms on it)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
emmevi125s said:
I understand the ebay UK bike has had the Magni mods done as opposed to being a Magni

Yes, my apologies a 1976 bike would be a 750 America base. I'd still like to own it though. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
john said:
Yes, my apologies a 1976 bike would be a 750 America base. I'd still like to own it though. :)
hi,i have just joined your forum and would like to say i have purchased the ebay magni bike,and am very pleased with her,it indeed does have many magni parts fitted to her and is in fantastic condition too,she is currently residing in my lounge waiting for the spring to arrive so i can get out on her,

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Excellent Max, :smoking: nice to have you here. :) Please post some photos of your new baby. :stickpoke

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi john,i will do as soon as i can,must get the digital charged up and take some piccys for the site,the bike has stayed in the uk too,so will be out spreading joy to the public,i just love looking at her in the lounge,sure beats the telly

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Fantastic Max, where are you in the UK? I would love to come and see your bike. :smoking:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I know the weather is crap but have you had a ride on her yet? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi,many thanks to all the very nice replies about my bike,i was very lucky to buy her from a great person who helped me all the way,including the delivery,she will be a used bike,not lounging in the room too much,i have some excellent photos of mr agostini hiself sitting on the bike,what a cool dude that man is,and he has signed the tailpiece also,she will be at goodwood for sure and will get down to boxhill on sundays,in surrey,as thats one of my fave rides out,and also the ace cafe too.i also have a mint benelli sei too,they look a cool pair together,cant see her out on the road till april as the salt and weather is too bad,but after that she will be used as often as i can get out on her,the noise is so fantastic,i have always wanted a mv 4 cyl bike and wont be in no hurry to sell her for sure,must say this is a very friendly and great forum,and glad to be part of it,regards to you all

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
We tend to have the modern MV's here Max, but if you check the registry people like JSM and GTW36 have older MV's like yours. :smoking: I'd really love to own a 750S America as it was the first road going MV I ever saw in the flesh. :king: It's great to have owners of the older bikes here as well as the modern ones, we look forward to your riding impressions and of course more photos, when you are able to get out on her. BTW the Benelli? is it a 750 or a 900, I used to have a 900 myself many moons ago. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts