MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
A lot of bikes burp a bit of coolant on the first few hot rides as the dealers tend to over fill them when doing initial checks and setup

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Probably because it wasn't overheating. Running hot and overheating are two different things. If the overtemp warning was taken away would the owners think it was overheating? of all the overheating bikes out there how many puked coolant? I took my bike out today, 103 degrees Fahrenheit ambient temperature. Hottest i saw the display was 209 degrees f. The difference between a real problem and a perceived problem is perception. If you remove the visual indicator warning you is it still a problem? Or if there isn't a sign warning you is it really a problem?
I never had a problem with my 1000R Rob, sure it got to 106ish maybe a degree higher but I never saw 110c, now, fast forward to an R1 and they don't put the fans on until 106c and back off at 103c.

I used to think that maybe if MV had started the fans at similar numbers, say on at 108c and off at 105c they would have had a bigger differential to ambient and therefore lost heat easier and a lot more people would have heard the fans come on and off and the majority of people would be happy?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
seems as though it is abnormal to have a bike that does not run hot these days. Seems some people are even having issues with the new beemer (not trying to start anything, just saying). So how does the heat compare to a duc?

PS...next time I'll be sure to add smiley faces to everything to make everything right in the world....:):):):):)
101 posts already.....buy an MV or f##k off :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Juuust kiddin'

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi, im in the UK....had the bike a few weeks, it does get very very hot....but its good at getting rid of the heat on the 2010 because of the bigger holes/vents in the fairing and better fans etc.

There is a bar on the digital temp guage that is its 'ideal' running temp (unsure what this is).....mine goes over this when going slow..or in traffic. - but the fans come on and blow all the heat out onto my legs instead!...the temp drops fairly quickly.

So the problem is solved.....overheat the rider instead of the bike :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Love the simley face it does just kinda mellow things out, like....

You are all loads that should have been swallowed:):):):):):):):):):)

Now normally that statement should offend you.....but it just cannot now as I have ended the statement with not one but 10.....yes doudle digit smilely faces.

Have a great fuckin day you a-holes:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yet again the power of the smiley

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Love the simley face it does just kinda mellow things out, like....

You are all loads that should have been swallowed:):):):):):):):):):)

Now normally that statement should offend you.....but it just cannot now as I have ended the statement with not one but 10.....yes doudle digit smilely faces.

Have a great fuckin day you a-holes:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yet again the power of the smiley
Best part of you ran down yo mama's leg:):):):):):):)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
seems as though it is abnormal to have a bike that does not run hot these days. Seems some people are even having issues with the new beemer (not trying to start anything, just saying). So how does the heat compare to a duc?

PS...next time I'll be sure to add smiley faces to everything to make everything right in the world....:):):):):)
see normally I would be offended, but that little smiley brightened my day:)
:laughing: Mine too :) :) :)

·
Super Moderator
23,092 Posts
:):):):):):)Pull the trigger...or piss off...:):):):):):) :)
(A baker's dozen)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
In KawNinja's defense, since last week, he really is in the process of buying on - possibly from Pro Italia. It's just a matter of ironing out the shipping and the "OTD" fees.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts