MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rode my 2009 F4 race bike for the first time today. It's a crashed bike imported to Australia from Japan. Bike was relatively undamaged when I got it, and it has only 4200 km on the clock.

It won't rev past 8000 rpm, it's hitting a rev limit at that point in all gears, giving me a top speed of only 190 kph and about 90 HP.

Is there a rev restriction on Japanese delivered bikes? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks
Ducati 888

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a 16M ECU merc07, it's the later one. Are they reprogrammable? Maybe a microtec will be the way to go, but in the meantime I can get my hands on an ECU from another F4 so I'll use that.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's not a 16M ECU merc07, it's the later one. Are they reprogrammable? Maybe a microtec will be the way to go, but in the meantime I can get my hands on an ECU from another F4 so I'll use that.

Cheers.
Yes, I realise it's the later model and yes there are places that do it, as Chrisf4 has said :)
It's very similar to the Duc 5AM I believe.

Guess it depends on what you want out of it, wether you go for a remap or microtec....

Can you borrow an ecu from somewhere to be 100% sure this is the issue?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Donsy. Rob's got a spare ECU for me to borrow, and I'll make sure that's the problem first before I replace the one I have. I'll let you know. Cheers mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts