MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little leakage in the right front caliper, so I decided to make maintenance in front brakes.

I dismantled both calipers, and first surprise, seals were not the same as the originals supplied by the UK owners club. They seemed to be O-Rings.

Both bleeders were damaged, and it was very difficult to work with them.

But, the biggest problem, the left caliper is imposible to bleed, because it seems to be plugged. I have tried with brake cleaner, thinner, compressed air... and no success.

Anyone knows how is the connection between the bleeding point and the caliper? I can't see any hole.

Any ideas to unblock this point?

With time, I have got good braking feeling, but I would like to solve this problem for next maintenances.

(I have translated a lot of words with google, so probably some words are not the best; I hope you understand the post)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Gafas.

Scarb calipers have a small ball bearing under the bleed nipple.

This can get stuck (making it impossible to bleed that caliper) and can be very difficult to remove. A bit of heat and tapping the caliper when it is upside down may help. It is best to replace this ball with a new one as they rust.

All the best.

Dorian.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dorian,

I have already removed the ball bearing, but the connection between the bleeder zone and the caliper seems to be blogged. And I am not able to discover where the hole is, in order to clean it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Dorian.

Now I understand what I was seeing inside, it was the second ball. Anyway, it should be completelly blocked, I used compressed air and it satyed in place.

Now brakes are working fairly good, I will try on next maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts