MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear them.

I want to hear ALL the opinions and I look forward to someone changing my my mind so I can run out and buy a 1000R. I have ridden Brutales, 1000 and a Tamburini on my local twisties so I hope for educated conversation. I also ride or have ridden regularly with accomplished current litre bike twins, triples and the best Japanese inlines so know where the 750 stands in relation.

Feel free to support by using posted figures. Here's your chance.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
if i were looking today -

1000R.

upgraded suspension, brakes, geometry, motor, ECU, clutch, wheels (did i miss something?).

only problem that they didn't address, and really need to is....

weight!!! put this bike on a diet. jenny craig, weight watchers, south beach - just shed the pounds!

alex

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Honest answer? Saying money werern't an object, is stupid in this scenario, especially if looking at a bike. But lets just say you could afford them, it'd just be a matter of pinching in your daily life/spending habits if you opted for the higher end machines, as typically, that's what it comes down to.

What it really comes down to, is if you want "bang for the buck" (which, I don't think should be in the same sentance as an MV :laughing: ), or just bragging rights, or actual performance. IMO, the bang for the buck is the Brutale 910R. You get the upper end components (which aren't that far off to begin with, but STILL NO DAMN DAMPER!!!!!!), with almost the same power as an F41K for a couple grand less. Not a shabby deal.

If you want a fairing'd bike, the regular 1K is your best bet. The main thing that sways most people is the things that comes from the factory. Like the paint job, the wheels, etc. But that said, you could buy the mag parts, and carbon fairings and not be that far off, with less money spent. No, you don't get the number plate, but if that's really the reason you're buying, you should probably re-evaluate the reasoning.

All that said.....I'm content with my 750 Brutale :laughing: Would I LIKE to have the other bikes??? Sure as hell would. I would love to own them. Would I like to pay or pinch in my spending habits to own those...probably not. But if you can afford to buy any, without changing anything in your spending habits or lifestyle, why not get the best simply because?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Don't forget, some people really like naked bikes over the fairng'd counterparts and vice versa, so that right there is probably the MAJORITY of decision making factors.

If money were not an issue, I would probably buy TWO Tamburini's, and strip one naked like a Brutale...Tamburini performance and parts, with a Brutale look and a Tamburini in the garage...who could complain? :king:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have been on 750's since the late 70's and never had the need to be on anything bigger. Perfectly happy with my 750. I'm not a straight line top speeder, so I'd figure 176 mph top speed is ok for around town!!!! :drummer:
I think some people just need to learn how ride better... :later:

...in an interview with Rossi, he was asked if he rode his liter bike in town? He responded by saying it was too dangerous!... and he only rode his 600 around town. :naughty: :stickpoke

Although a 1000R with a red frame on it, and it'd be torture for me to resist!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Let's hear them.

I want to hear ALL the opinions and I look forward to someone changing my my mind so I can run out and buy a 1000R. I have ridden Brutales, 1000 and a Tamburini on my local twisties so I hope for educated conversation. I also ride or have ridden regularly with accomplished current litre bike twins, triples and the best Japanese inlines so know where the 750 stands in relation.

Hmm...

With all my respect, this sounds a bit like an invitation to a brain wrestling match? I am not interested in participating since I am a novice in the studies of motorcycle's mechanical/design and have not ridden/tested ALL the high performance bikes out there, and ok, I am far from brilliant :nerd: :crazyeyes :silly: :eek:nthecan: so without stating the obvious or repeating what has been said about the differences of 750/910/1000/Brutale/F4, I will state my VIEW on the subject base on my experiences in other area in life.

Since the beginning of my training in tactical firearms 15 years ago, I have heard/read of countless armchair commando's debate on anything and everything, the one that reminds me of this 750/910/1000 debate the most is the one over combat pistol caliber of 9mm Parabellumn vs.40SW vs..45ACP, which is better?

There is not one correct answer to that question, because the answer is "It depends..." because there are way too many factors to be considered... the shooter's skill level, experience, what kind of firearm, and for what purpose, intended targets(shoot through glass or other barrier), not to mention the cost for training, available firearms/ammunition loading for each caliber, and the list goes on and on...

There is a saying:" Any gun will do, if you will do".The fact is all 3 caliber(engine) is capable of getting the job done if you can use it properly! sure it depends on who you are, what you are, and what you like...

I look forward to someone changing my my mind so I can run out and buy a 1000R
to me this sounds like an issue of "money vs. upgrade, is it worth it?" the fact is sportbike ownership has different meanings to everybody... often it is as emotional as it is logical :stickpoke :stickpoke although I am not interested nor have any reason to convince you to get the 1000R(because you seem to be perfectly happy with your bike), I would say the only way for you to know if you would prefer the 1000R over your 750 is to own one, really LIVE with both bikes equally for a good period of time, not days, ideally months or years... but then again, it sounds like $$ will always be a factor (as it is for me!) in this decision process unless if one can find $25,000 worth of loose change in their sofa cushions on a regular basis.

So it's all personal preference, IMHO.

Just my 2 cents... :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i'll be honest. i didn't get the 750 because i thought it was significantly underpowered.

now, you can give me all that "you don't use it all" talk, but it's not the upper end HP that i wanted. it's the low-end torque. and the 1k has that in GOBS over the 3/4 bike.

look, i can ride this bike up and down the mountains here in so. cal., in ONE gear. that's going to be a lot harder to do on the 750.

imho, the MV's are portly. the power is needed just to keep up with the rest of the class.

alex

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
being that i've only had the 750 to issue MV experience, i can only add a question. do you think you would be happy with the 1000R components on your bike? if you think "yes", then do that. if you think "then what about the motor", then you must want more power, which your current bike won't do without big bore, thus chaning the equation.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
When I bought my 750 there were rumours about the 1000. I always had in mind that I would buy a 1000 and so I did. Till this moment I think that's the best choice I could make. Power and torque is great.

Now I would choose the 1000 R and I'm really not that happy I have a two months old S with such an upgrade for almost the same money. Trading in is no option because I would write off 6000 euro's on the S.

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Only For Inform

JamesC said:
Let's hear them.

The numbers of the happened F4 are impressive: the enrolments of the MV Agusta F4 are jumped from 1.268 to 3.320 unity in the course of the two-year period 2003/2005, but this year arrives at 3.800 corrupt examples, also thanks to the push that will know to breed the new one F41000R from 174 CV of power. According to the predictions of the business varesina, 55% of 3.800 F4 will be registered in Europe, with the Italian market protagonist with a contribution of 36%, before Germany with 26% and England with 9% of the continental deliveries. The objective overseas is to sell it at least 1.700 unity, usually between USA and Australia, without to neglect the Japan.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I really don't understand the low end power stuff with these bikes! Around town, I ride at around 5,000~6,000 rpm and find it comfortable and very easy to pass cars, etc by simply turning the throttle 1/4 more turn. The other day I pulled over to pass a Nissa 300Z when I saw blue smoke come from his rear tires as he down shifted and stepped on it. I didn't shift or anything, simply rolled on the throttle about 1/3 turn and blew him off! I feel the low end power is just fine for around town. :blah:

I kind of like/enjoy shifting. That's why I don't own an automatic transmission car. I only buy stick shift cars for that reason....and I wouldn't want to buy a bike with auto shift and/or one where I wouldn't have to shift at all... :later:

In the coutry and the mountain twisties, I keep the rpm around 7,000~8,000 and ride smooth between twisties. I don't jack rabbit between turns, so riding smoothly through the turns at 7K to 8K rpm seems like the fun factor I'm after. There may be occasional 9,000~10,000, but not often. :later:

On the track, well the rpm is around 10,000+ and at that point I actually ride my Duc!!! :naughty: :later:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
try the 1k.
i think you'll notice a difference.

i'm not afraid to use the shift lever. it's just that when i'm riding "the pace" it's so much easier when the powerband is really wide.

alex

·
Registered
878 Posts
May be (?), but 750's have always been kind of idiot proof for me... kind of hard to high side out of a corner (1000's seem more out of control for me) and I've never had any complaints. Justifying the additional $10K to make the switch just for the sake of humoring myself is a bit harder ...just don't see $10K in value for the experience...may be ignorance is bliss???

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Truth be told, people will only and always want the model higher. People always want "more power". It's the nature of the beast. It's the only reason upgrade to the newer models, even if cosmetically it's the same. This holds true for all sportbikes, but ESPECIALLY for MV since it's looks have never changed.

Now, those OG to the MV scene, look back a couple years. THERE WAS NOT ONE COMPLAINT about the power the MV had. infact, people were even saying "it's more power than I'll ever be able to COMPLETELY use.". But now that there is a liter version, the complaints about power arrise.

Again...people always want more power. Learning to be content, is another.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts