MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went today to the MV dealer to ride both 910 and 750 back to back, but the 910 was out on loan to a magazine for review, so only got to ride the 750.

Very first impression ------ WOW !! :yo:

I have had 8 bikes in the past two years, and nothing sounds like it, an awesome sound, kinda like a TVR car. I was grinning straight away, and at one point actually found myself laughing out loud in my helmet. It has loads of grunt, even from 6000rpm I was impressed.

All the usually said things are true, crap mirrors, buzzy bars, etc etc but you could ignore them just for the thrills it hands out.

What I could not ignore though was the fact that it is impossible to ride on the balls of your feet as the exhaust makes you have to twist your ankle outwards, and I hate riding with just my heels on the pegs. I also felt a little too far over the tank, kinda like perched on, not riding in, the bike.

All in all I loved the bike, but, it is such a focused toy, definately not an everyday hack.

Do I want one ?? YES

Should I get one ?? NO

I am going back to ride the 910 next week, maybe it will sway me eitherway.

Wez.

·
Registered
304 Posts
WezC said:
Went today to the MV dealer to ride both 910 and 750 back to back, but the 910 was out on loan to a magazine for review, so only got to ride the 750.

Very first impression ------ WOW !! :yo:

I have had 8 bikes in the past two years, and nothing sounds like it, an awesome sound, kinda like a TVR car. I was grinning straight away, and at one point actually found myself laughing out loud in my helmet. It has loads of grunt, even from 6000rpm I was impressed.

All the usually said things are true, crap mirrors, buzzy bars, etc etc but you could ignore them just for the thrills it hands out.

What I could not ignore though was the fact that it is impossible to ride on the balls of your feet as the exhaust makes you have to twist your ankle outwards, and I hate riding with just my heels on the pegs. I also felt a little too far over the tank, kinda like perched on, not riding in, the bike.

All in all I loved the bike, but, it is such a focused toy, definately not an everyday hack.

Do I want one ?? YES

Should I get one ?? NO

I am going back to ride the 910 next week, maybe it will sway me eitherway.

Wez.

yeah... I did not need one also, ended up with 910 though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wez, I have the same problem...head says NO! but the heart says YES!, ...time to take a chance & listen to the heart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts