MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm very interested in getting a new 750 Brutale & have had a couple of test rides :) ...my question to all you owners of this wonderful bike is can the suspension be made to feel compliant?..or at least so it doesn't throw you out of the seat when you hit large bumps at speed :cry: , I'm on the light side, I only weigh 66 kg, being on a test bike with no tools to adjust it I couldn't fiddle about with it to check.
any info is greatly appreciated.
great forum by the way
thanks,
KevinJ

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you set it to the soft adjustment as per the manual yet? I'm a little heavier than you (73kg) and run in the middle of the range with no problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
im 5'8" 160lbs in gear and the front suspension is stiff. people have said that the front compression springs are the same as that of the F4. i think they are 99 and i need to go to 89s.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you completely soften up the suspension it might be a little more "compliant" but you will most likely have to have it re-sprung if you are light. I was told by my dealer that they are sprung for a 180ish pound rider from the factory.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes it feels like the springs are set up for 180lb rider - I'm 160 with gear on so I backed off the H/L comp in the back all the way out and at the front, adding one click, this is MUCH better - although I realise that when the suspension frees up a bit I will probably have to add a bit back - but as of right now it is very good. I rode down a nice stretch of twisty road today with a friend on an R6 and he was having some problems with my corner speed - yeah I know it's all relative - But really try it and see what works for you - don't be afraid to set the bike up how you think you will like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the info, I'm glad to hear that the suspension can be softened somewhat as I would need to use the MV (when I get it) for all my riding & don't want to break my back doing it.
KevinJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
what are your damping settings for the front. i found that the rebound damping does nothing since the springs are so stiff. have yet to find a good setting for the compression dampening. i also have the compression adjustment for the spring all the way out. i got the bike and it was 4 turns in(full rigid).

·
Registered
395 Posts
Front: Compression 2 clicks in from full soft [turn all the way out then add 2 clicks]
Rebound 8 clicks in from full soft - I usually like more rebound and less comp.
Pre load, I just took out 1 full turn from stock but I've yet to set the sag front and rear so these settings will change a bit.
Rear: HS comp 1 click in from full soft
LS comp 1 click in from full soft
Rebound at stock setting 10 clicks in I think?
Pre load 2 full threads softer
Ride height: 25mm thats +5 from stock [to put more weight on the front tire]
I weigh 162 with all gear - these are all the setings I'm testing and will probably change next weekend, I'll update as things get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts