MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MV 750 SPR #250 with only 1400 miles was stolen by a work colleague yesterday and totalled within 50 yards of leaving the previously secured garage. He survived with major abrasions and will require skin grafts - no head injury fortunately. He has been charged with major larsony.

I Am Devastated!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why was it deemed totaled? Just body damage, or did the theif run it into something stationary? Sorry about your loss. How soon will you be able to get another MV? Considering going to a 1000?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty bad. He slid it for about 25 yards before it hit a high kerb then slid down the kerb for about another 40 yards so it's in a real bad mess, the pipes are bent 90 deg at the rear and both bars were ripped off the yoke. A fair amount of his fluids and tissue are on the motor and fairing so it's a bit of a biological hazard at the moment too. I appreciate your thoughts and haven't really given much consideration to what next until I get hopefully positive feedback from my insurance company.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
That sucks! You should have made sure he had head injuries when you got to him! I hope you had insurance on it! I know it will be tough to replace it.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
OMG!!! This is crazy!! :eek: :wtf:

Sorry for the totalled SPR, but please explain more as this is just....... odd..... :wtf:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - you all are on the same page as me. Insurance should be ok but until you receive the thumbs up there's always that doubt. Apparently he has a history of such activity - wish I knew before - and he has access to one of our facilities where I keep all my bikes down here. It looks like he has also 'played' on my S4 Monster before and he has been in my '06 GTO - he was obviously fired today and will be in court shortly - if he can make it - nudge wink wink!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just curious, but do they do any kind of background checks at your job, or do they just hire straight from the jail house work release program? :toothless

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand that Paul - probem is the old story, the friend of the family syndrome!!! He is only just turned 19 and was the general 'gardening/landscaper/odd job' guy for the offices here in SC.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Ahh...well that sucks. Your insurance company shouldn't get involved, make his insurance company for everything, no need to have your rates go up. Kinda like being in an accident that's not your fault, you don't even call your insurance company, thiers does all the forking out of money.

I dunno how you can prove him being on your other rides, but i would try to sue the shit out of him...

I would be pissed but at the same time, kinda happy....hard to explain, but atleast, you get a new bike out of all this!!!!! Always gotta look on the up and up!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
What a nasty story...good news is your rates will not go up but if you wait for his insurance to take care of it you may be waiting awhile. Not to worry, by law your ins co has to settle within 30 days so let them pay then they will subrogate(sp?) with the slimeballs ins co. If he doesn't have insurance, which is possible for a 19 yo, and the bike was stolen from your place of employment, you may be able to put a claim through the company. As a victim of moto theft myself, i know the pain! Sorry...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I hope he has learnt his lesson.

You can always replace a bike but not someones life no matter how bad he or she is. At least he didn't hurt or kill anyone else in the process.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Awk...what a mess :eek:
seems like your bike knew that that rider wasn't you, so she got rid of him :devilsmok

If I had a co-worker stealing my bike, if he's still alive after the crash, I'd kill him with my hands :2up:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
drmasis, sorry to hear that you have been through a theft situation - it sucks. He hasn't got insurance and he has no possessions of any value, etc. etc so the next few days/weeks are going to be interesting - I will keep all advised of progress through this thread. I have a meeting with the officer involved Wednesday morning at 07:00 to conclude the written statement and press the charges. Further information arose yesterday that he was seen drinving the company truck on Saturday last without permission! I have a witness who is willing to make a statement so the facts are starting to appear - he is going to be in one hell of a mess with the law!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greg (spalding12) - response to your questions in order.
The guy spent 6 hours in hospital then was released to his mothers house to recover.
He did not go to jail.
He was fired immediately.
I have not seen him personally but one of my staff who took his belongings from the office to his mothers house met him and he advised that he was 'sorry'!
I know him but not very well - I travel to project sites frequently and he did the gardening, etc. so we only occassionally bumped into each other and it was just a 'hello how you doing' type thing.
He has shown a lot of interest, as male teenager would (so normal) - I found out yesterday from one of my guys that one lunchtime he was walking around the facility and he saw the guy next to my FZ1 Yam and the turn signal was flashing so he had the ignition on and was playing with it. I wish the guy that saw it had advised this at the time!!

Notwithstanding the recent event it is obvious that there is a history here and as the days go by a little more of the history appears so a strong case is being built up that will get this kid the time he deserves.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts