MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving my MV F4 for an upright bike, i made the choice of a Ducati S4R over the Brute 910R.

Admittedly i did not test ride the 910R because i had concerns with the dealer dropping the brand, as it turns out they did after 6 months.

I rode a mates MV Brute 750 after buying the S4R and realised i made a big mistake.

So i am going to dump the Duc and come back home to MV.

There is around a $7k difference in price between a 750 and a 910. Is it worth it? The 750 has 127hp (my S4R has 130hp which is just fine) whilst the 910 is only slightly higher.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
After leaving my MV F4 for an upright bike, i made the choice of a Ducati S4R over the Brute 910R.

Admittedly i did not test ride the 910R because i had concerns with the dealer dropping the brand, as it turns out they did after 6 months.

I rode a mates MV Brute 750 after buying the S4R and realised i made a big mistake.

So i am going to dump the Duc and come back home to MV.

There is around a $7k difference in price between a 750 and a 910. Is it worth it? The 750 has 127hp (my S4R has 130hp which is just fine) whilst the 910 is only slightly higher.
Had a 750S Brute for 2 years. Now riding a 910R. Other bikes in between and together.

Two vastly different bikes. It's not about the max power, it's about where the power and torque are.

The 750 was great, make no mistake, but more like a two stroke which you have to ride in the revs to get the best out of. The surges you get at 6,000revs and again beyond 8,000 will put a smile on your face. The 910R also fires high in the revs but is a lot more lively and torquey than the 750 at lower revs. I suppose the 910 has a more linear power and torque curve, although still delivers a kick up the backside when you hit certain levels.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
$7k difference? Either someone is paying you $2k to take the 750 off their hands or the 910 is about 5 grand overpriced.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
The 750 is fantastic at high revs

same as I prefered the F4 750 EV03 to the F4 312R, the 750 was a better ride, beter handling and far better quality than the 312R thats fact and quality was easy to judge having them sit side by side.

If MV made new F4 750's today same quality as the EV03 of old, I would buy one again, its a fantastic ride at 7k+ and keeping it high at 10+ brings smiles to your face

I expect the Brutale is the same

and one thing i forgot to say, dont let anyone tell ya that the Nissan brakes are shite, because they are okay, more than adequate for the job.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Had a 750S Brute for 2 years. Now riding a 910R. Other bikes in between and together.

Two vastly different bikes. It's not about the max power, it's about where the power and torque are.

The 750 was great, make no mistake, but more like a two stroke which you have to ride in the revs to get the best out of. The surges you get at 6,000revs and again beyond 8,000 will put a smile on your face. The 910R also fires high in the revs but is a lot more lively and torquey than the 750 at lower revs. I suppose the 910 has a more linear power and torque curve, although still delivers a kick up the backside when you hit certain levels.

Imho you forget the superb brakes of the 910r and suspension compared to the 750 :drummer:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You don't have to rev the 910 like 750, even if it is just S. That is way I think is better, it is more user friendly.

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
Hey Groper - glad you recognised the error and fronted up!! - good call mate. I rode S2R, S4R and always came back to the Brute.

I got my 750 and very very happy - when she retires, I'll move the the 910R. I swapped with a mate in November, very similar - slightly less frantic but you'll know which one you prefer very quickly....just make sure you get to give them both a good ride (above the 6k + 8k rev range) before deciding.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts