MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if the nut is reverse thread on the 750? I've seen a number of people that say it is on the 1000 so wondered if it was the same?

Thanks

Chris

·
Super Moderator
22,087 Posts
Yes, it is reverse thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll let the garage know, I have a feeling they are trying the wrong way as they cannot get it off.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Left hand ...

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'll let the garage know, I have a feeling they are trying the wrong way as they cannot get it off.
You could inform them that the circumferential grooves on the outside of the nut designate the nut as left hand thread. This is an International convention and they should bloody well know ; )

joe

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
You could inform them that the circumferential grooves on the outside of the nut designate the nut as left hand thread. This is an International convention and they should bloody well know ; )

joe
both the Star and the SuperLight wheels have it marked right on them and the torque too :naughty:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Thanks Noel. For those removing and refitting these nuts bear in mind anti seize grease should be applied to the first few threads of the axle and Not applied to the conical face of the nut which is a gripping/ antislip surface with the wheel.

There is anecdotal evidence from members on this forum of wheel nuts undoing themselves and stretching the locking clip,,,,

Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts