MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some may be aware that my 750 F4 EVO3 was stolen in January, recovered a few days later after the thieves had stripped and damaged the bike. The insurance company wrote the bike off and paid me out. This means I was possibly in the market for another bike. Possibly as unemployment can curtail spending just a tad. My initial preference was for another EVO3 or SR 750 F4 but unfortunately there were no low mileage bikes around (preferably around 5,000 km). I was also contemplating a 1000 cc F4 but the bigger bike wasn't something I wanted being an average rider who isn't into massive straight line speed partly as the police in Victoria can impound the bike, suspend your licence, fine you and give you 4 demerit points (max 12 points in 3 years before automatic licence suspension) if you are caught doing 30+ km/h over the speed limit. There was a 312 white/black with about 1400 kms on the clock for a bargain price but it went within a couple of days of being advertised and at that stage the insurance company hadn'y finalised the claim.

Next was the F3. Again a low mileage bike, under 5,000 km which ruled out the 800. Even the second hand F3 675 were expensive (some were asking for more than a new discontinued model) especially if the bike was sourced interstate which would mean adding another $1500-$2000 onto the price. Fortunately I wandered in to the local MV dealer just to have a look and a salesman came up to see how things were going. I asked if there was a low mileage F3 for sale and there was. A black and silver early 2012 (non EAS) model with 2500 kms on the clock. They provided a price which was damn cheap but as my preference was for a red/silver bike not quite what I was willing to spend for a black/silver bike. I returned a week later and indicated I was willing to pay a few thousand less than what they quoted and I was also willing to walk away and wait for a red/silver bike to come up. A new price was quoted which, in all honesty I considered a bargain for the bike. Another week and this morning I went and bought the bike after confirming a few warranty issues (period of the warranty and known problems being fixed post warranty). I also added a new Shoei helmet in matching colours no less to the sale.

So I've gone from a red/silver solo seat 2003 750 EVO3 F4 with 55,000 kms on the clock to an almost new 2500 km black/silver 675 F3. Both bikes put out about the same hp with the F3 being 20+ kg lighter and 10 year newer technology .. I'm happy. That is once I fit a MV Corse solo seat and some rear sets with race pattern.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Good deal by the sounds of it, I think you have made a wise choice.
jimboF4

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Excellent outcome for a rotten situation.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great news Russ. Congrats .
Did you sell the America, seen it's not on your registry and bikesales anymore?.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well.... show it off. Let's see some photos!

Toby

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy to post pics of the bike but as it takes time to organise all the paperwork (transfer of ownership, roadworthy, registration etc) I won't actually take possession of the bike until later in the week, probably Friday or Saturday. In addition it is a stock standard 675 F3 which is no big deal in terms of photos although I will endevour to get a few good pics of the bike in a nice location so as it's not just a 'happy snap' for the sake of a pic.

As well as a passion for Italian bikes I'm also a 'serious amateur' photographer having put together a reasonable 2014 calendar of some Ducati photos I took. Even contemplating a MV Agusta calendar for 2015.

cheers

Russ

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
This are great news Russ. Congratulations!
I just saw this damned sexy bikes around me at the race track in Oschersleben and I think they are just plain fantastic.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congrats Russ, waiting for those pictures...:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
collected the bike last Saturday morning and went for the first 'serious' ride on Sunday. Quite nice although the suspension was a bit firm on the rear. I've since added the MV Corse 'solo' seat and waiting for the Rizoma rear sets to convert to race pattern.
DSC_0169c MV Agusta F3 Apr 2014.jpg
DSC_0153c MV Agusta F3 Apr 2014.jpg
Hope to take some decent photos over Easter

Found my stolen and recovered F4 on e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MV-AGUSTA-F4-750-02-2004-MODEL-TRACK-RACE-PROJECT-BIKE-NO-RESERVE-/221415288964?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item338d613084&_uhb=1

The description is pretty accurate. If someone buys the bike I have all the receipts that go with it and the tyres are new.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. The bike is certainly a bit different to the F4 which is as I would expect considering the age difference between the bikes. still need to sort the suspension and which mode to ride in. The bike now has the single seat and the Sato frame tie downs (for the pillion peg mounts) and the Rizoma rearsets arrived today. Just need time to fit.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi cus

let me know if you are successful. I have some parts for sale from the bike including RG3 pipes, OEM foot pegs, OEM screen, CRG levers, OEM gear lever.

cheers

Russ

·
Registered
966 Posts
will do, be interested to hear how the f3 compares to the f4 power wise cause I`m thinking of getting an F3 myself

1 - 20 of 32 Posts