MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure how best to describe this but I have recently bought a 750 ev03 and notice that the throttle opening from 0 is not smooth and causes a bit of jump sometimes.
A way to describe it is as you drive off, it takes slightly
morr effort to initially open the throttle than throughout the rest of the range. I wondered if there is something I could look at to fix this as it can cause a bit of a launch at not the best times, such as in the middle of a low speed turn..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. If it's a case of they all do that sir then fair enough. It's had the springs done and a power commander fitted and mapped so maybe i will just learn to live with this and it's ability to get red hot in next to no time at all !!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yep. 1st time I rode my first F4 (Ive had 2) I thought my ankle was melting. The lovely little thing riding on the back said her ass felt like it was on fire...sold it and got a monoposto! lol (still had the melted ankle tho)

Slow speed corners or taking off from a stop at a 90 degree turn can be tricky. Ultimate throttle control needed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
You do get used to it to a point where you kind of don't really notice it. The throttle spring removal is a good idea too.

I was wondering just what I was getting into when I was still new to mine, but quite used to it now and can be quite smooth with my initial take off.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If you don't care for the fueling, that will need to be mapped. If it requires more effort to twist the throttle in one part of the range than the other, you have a problem with something binding. I would check the bar end and make sure it is not rubbing against the throttle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pointers, its had a custom map and pc3 at a reputable place.. It is physically harder to twist the thottle from shut off to very slight opening rhan it us through the rest of the range..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check the routing of the cables that can cause a slight bind. Also lube the cables and the throttle barrel. I use dry Teflon spray for the latter. As others have mentioned you can remove one of the two throttle return springs.

Jim

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
stiff throttle?

like Carl said check the bar end, then loosen the screws on the throttle housing did it get better? if so the housing/tube needs cleaning and lube if not, the cables are pinched or kinked
noe would be a good time to lube the cables too :drummer:

:f4::brutale:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts