MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks. I'm a new member so appologies if I am getting the etiquette wrong, but I REALLY would like an answer to a question and a search of the site brought up nothing relevant.

I would be grateful if anyone can answer if the factory did white 750S Brutales in 2004 - for ANY market? I just bought one such bike, it is claimed to be a one off bike. I figured it probably was a custom after market paint job (which I don't usually like but this one is different). Very close inspection leaves me thinking it probably DID leave the factory that colour, but I have never heard of any such colour option until 2010ish.

The bike has a plaque which says 1 of 1 on it in what looks like correct font etc, and it has several upgraded bits which could easily (if expensively) have been retro fitted and the back story does fit the registration history of a private import to the UK, but I still have my doubts.

I didn't pay any premium for it so I am not bothered but would really like to get the story confirmed or trashed just out of curiosity.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi chc i also had a 750s in 2004 and what i got told and everything i read they were only available in Red, until the ltd editions came out, if your happy with the paint colour then leave it, if not you can always get it put back to original, is there anyway yuo can check with the dealer, or better still get the Vin and engine numbers and send the factory an email asking them whether or not it left the factory like that.

James

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Hi folks. I'm a new member so appologies if I am getting the etiquette wrong, but I REALLY would like an answer to a question and a search of the site brought up nothing relevant.

I would be grateful if anyone can answer if the factory did white 750S Brutales in 2004 - for ANY market? I just bought one such bike, it is claimed to be a one off bike. I figured it probably was a custom after market paint job (which I don't usually like but this one is different). Very close inspection leaves me thinking it probably DID leave the factory that colour, but I have never heard of any such colour option until 2010ish.

The bike has a plaque which says 1 of 1 on it in what looks like correct font etc, and it has several upgraded bits which could easily (if expensively) have been retro fitted and the back story does fit the registration history of a private import to the UK, but I still have my doubts.

I didn't pay any premium for it so I am not bothered but would really like to get the story confirmed or trashed just out of curiosity.

Got some pics? I'd be interested to see it. And the plaque.... and the parts, etc..... :stickpoke

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi chc i also had a 750s in 2004 and what i got told and everything i read they were only available in Red, until the ltd editions came out, if your happy with the paint colour then leave it, if not you can always get it put back to original, is there anyway yuo can check with the dealer, or better still get the Vin and engine numbers and send the factory an email asking them whether or not it left the factory like that.

James
I thought I would check here first because if it was a normal colour option then that is that.

The story was it was made for a factory employee as a one off. I was very scpetical but whatever the truth it looks absolutely stunning in white and it has been done VERY well. I am pretty sure if it was not a factory job then somone has been very thorough. There is a smal chip (about 1mm long) at the back of the tank cowl under the seat where the fixing bolt goes and that is showing white underneath too with not a hint of silver or red. There is no overspray anywhere and all inside panels appear to be originally white too.

I'll get some pictures today and put them up if I can work out how to do it.

I'll write to MV and let you know. If it is genuine I think I have will have been really lucky :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would have thought the 'fucking white' would have been a dead give away?

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Looks really nice...custom paint job with some nice carbon and other bits.....not a factory special,but I like it!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
lol

I would have thought the 'fucking white' would have been a dead give away?
I thought that is what I saw, just could not quite believe it Luke, I would say it was a private job for sure.:naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I thought that is what I saw, just could not quite believe it Luke, I would say it was a private job for sure.:naughty:
Factory people would not write that.
Unless it is an unoffically inside job, so no factory standard.
Your is plain white?

it is not to difficult to find parts painted with official stickers, mine is pearl white. Still looking for a matching passenger seat though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That's pretty good looking IMO

·
Registered
879 Posts
Dead Give Away

The thing that gave it away for me was the 001/001. Why have two preceding numbers? For example, for a limited number of 300, it makes sense to have XXX/XXX. For a limited number of say 50, it would be XX/XX. So, for one it would be 1/1.

I really haven't taken the time to confirm this, so anyone with a limited bike run consisting of 2 digits, please chime in and reveal what your placard says.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The thing that gave it away for me was the 001/001. Why have two preceding numbers? For example, for a limited number of 300, it makes sense to have XXX/XXX. For a limited number of say 50, it would be XX/XX. So, for one it would be 1/1.

I really haven't taken the time to confirm this, so anyone with a limited bike run consisting of 2 digits, please chime in and reveal what your placard says.
Uh I think the more interesting part about the plaque is the "fucking white"?

Had me pissing myself laughing that one, very nicely done too
:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which was exactly what I thought when I went to look at it. BUT, when I got it home and had a closer look I was less sure. I can imagine it being done as an in-joke if the story really was true.

I only paid a reasonable price for it given the milage/condition etc - and it does look better to my eye than just another red bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Factory people would not write that.
Unless it is an unoffically inside job, so no factory standard.
Your is plain white?

it is not to difficult to find parts painted with official stickers, mine is pearl white. Still looking for a matching passenger seat though.
Yes, its plain white and yes the story is it was an 'inside' job done for someone working at the factory. True or false I don't care - but I'd just like to know if it is true or not. If not, the ONLY thing I would change is the plaque which I don't like - but if its true I'll leave it on for posterity.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts