MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock on ... at long last I get my 749R ..but in what may seem odd I get the better older one.

the 2004 with carbon fairings and titanium internals. Can't wait to track it and rev the boobies out of it !!

Like a pig in pooh !!!! Bought of a friendly fellow who ran it into a Phillip Island gravel trap .... ahhhhhh the memories hey Pete !

Ed :king:
1984 TT2 600TL stroked to 702cc with 39mm FCR's
1984 600 Pantah in bits .... to create another TT2 for the girl
1984 650SL stroked to 750cc
1994 916 Strada
2001 750 F4
2002/4 910 F4 project in progress
2003 749
2004 749R

and yes I am a lucky bastard to have accumulated all this joy... but hey with my day job I deserve the joy :violin:

·
Registered
279 Posts
congrats man ! Its a great bike, you will love it. Just remember that it is happiest when you're wringing it's neck...show no mercy and that thing will respond like you cant imagine. But,treat it nicely and its a dog--
Have fun!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
yellow900 said:
and yes I am a lucky bastard to have accumulated all this joy... but hey with my day job I deserve the joy :violin:
Great bike and working with protecting kids you do a great job too Yellow. :) Enjoy the bike, I know you will :smoking:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep that's what Bridget keeps telling me as wll :blah:

I have to confess riding her 749 was tops, loved it ! The big tour on the F4 750 killed my MV love :moped: So will sell the 750 F4 and continue the quest to build the F4 MV should have, the 910 powered F4 track bike :conveyer:

Will take some pics of the 749R when it arrives. Needs some cosmetic work to the tank, swingarm and re-paint of frame post its sojourn into the gravel pit by the previous owner.

I am tempted with the idea of a full Briel replica but then again they are pretty perfect the way they are. I intend to use in on the track mainly.

Buying in a heap of gear for it that I will ebay of as well (rear sets (standard and reverse shift) clutch covers, slave units blah blah)

It's all good. Ok sun's out time to go for a ride .. 916 day today :highclap:

·
Registered
878 Posts
yellow900 said:
Yep that's what Bridget keeps telling me as wll :blah:

I have to confess riding her 749 was tops, loved it ! The big tour on the F4 750 killed my MV love :moped: So will sell the 750 F4 and continue the quest to build the F4 MV should have, the 910 powered F4 track bike :conveyer:

Will take some pics of the 749R when it arrives. Needs some cosmetic work to the tank, swingarm and re-paint of frame post its sojourn into the gravel pit by the previous owner.

I am tempted with the idea of a full Briel replica but then again they are pretty perfect the way they are. I intend to use in on the track mainly.

Buying in a heap of gear for it that I will ebay of as well (rear sets (standard and reverse shift) clutch covers, slave units blah blah)

It's all good. Ok sun's out time to go for a ride .. 916 day today :highclap:
Well, I actually helped one of our local guys make his replica. Here are some pictures. It should look great...one of favorites. The only reason I did mine a Red Bull was because I helped him with the Briel first...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts