MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My MV has reached it's very first service (3000KM/650 miles) check point. In the hope to save money, bond with bike and learn to work on the bike, does anyone know what would a dealer do on the first service? Is there anything special being done?

I know it's an oil change for the most part, but do they have a check list of some short?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Welcome. It's all in the manual.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
more of a warranty issue for me. Was happy to do it myself but if stuff goes wrong later on down the line and i need to call on the warranty, its better to have your book stamped by an MV dealer.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
more of a warranty issue for me. Was happy to do it myself but if stuff goes wrong later on down the line and i need to call on the warranty, its better to have your book stamped by an MV dealer.

I agree although technically the only thing needed to comply with the warranty is that the correct official parts are used and a competent mechanic has done the work, but as you say, down the line having had the bike serviced at the dealer where your now arguing that something needs replacing give you a lot more weight behind your argument and them/MV a lot less clout to say you/your mechanic must have done something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
...and where, in this world, are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Based on the manual, you are able to do basic things such as cleaning chain, check tension on nuts and bolts etc.

The manual stated that the bike needs 10w-60 oil but didn't say how much, heh. It also didn't mention the kind of oil filter. It only said use OEM. oil change can't be too difficult, I'd assume. I also bought a torque wrench so I can check the torque on the nuts and bolts etc.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
From the manual I got the opinion that you should look at, carefully, and ride the bike. That is all if you are not an MV Agusta authorized mechanic. For warranty simplicity I had my bike dealer serviced up to the 12k. That's when dealer competence and cost became suspect and I decided to go it alone.

Oil changes are easy. everything is very accessible. It takes less than 3L (~2.7L I believe) of oil since the oil cooler retains some, need to remove it to get it all out, but the manual doesn't call for it's removal.

There are lots of threads on suggested oils and filters and how much oil the bike actually takes. I found the majority are against the reusable filters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts