MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much are you guys paying to the dealer for your 600 mile service? (Unless you did your own service obviously).

·
Registered
456 Posts
I asked this same question a little while back. Didn't really get a firm response. My dealer told me that it can be between $400-$600 US dollars. I haven't had a service yet since I'm still waiting on my 910R so hopefully people who have had it will chime in. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am anxious for an answer as well, I am about to purchase a 1000s.

Unfortunately I will have to have a Ducati dealership do the service due to the fact there are no MV dealers in Canada. On a good note my mechanic their is awesome.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The first time I paid less than 200 dollars. Sometimes when you purchase the bike you can negotiate that it's for free, or lower costs.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Mine goes in for the first service on Tuesday, I'll let you know what it cost then. :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Triple Seven said:
I'm being charged almost $800 with tax.

:shocker: That's crazy! I just got mine done on Friday for under $400, and they stripped the bike to the bone to check everything.
You're getting ripped off IMO.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The first service (600 Miles) on my F4 was preformed at around 800 miles here in California by Pro Italia. The cost was $480.00 labor (6 Hours). I supplied my own oil so parts cost was just an oil filter kit @ $19.95 and an oil drain plug gasket @.95 ... $4.50 shop supply charge, $4.50 hazardous waste disposal charge and sales tax on the parts.. Total after tax was $511.62 ...

All valve clearances were within factory spec at 600 miles as well. The throttle bodies needed a little adjusting when they did the throttle body sync. The CO % was good as well from the factory.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Thew first service (600 Miles) on my F4 was preformed at around 800 miles here in California by Pro Italia. The cost was $480.00 labor (6 Hours). I supplied my own oil so parts cost was just an oil filter kit @ $19.95 and an oil drain plug gasket @.95 ... $4.50 shop supply charge, $4.50 hazardous waste disposal charge and sales tax on the parts.. Total after tax was $511.62 ...
Thanks for the info! since Pro Italia is also my dealer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Pro Italia's labor charges have since gone up to $85.00 ... When I had my 600 mile serivce done last year it was $80.00/hour.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
£400 for mine. Ouch!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Please make sure you guys are all getting your valve numbers recorded. Keep them in your manual. Trending this is important in my view.

I would also highly suggest oil analysis over the lifetime of your bike. I use:

www.blackstone-labs.com

Order the free sampling kit early as they usually take 2wks or so to arrive.

I would also ask them to note down any changes like CO% adjustment (from and to) and even which cyl's they found out of balance.

Just my highly recommended suggestions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
JamesC said:
Please make sure you guys are all getting your valve numbers recorded. Keep them in your manual. Trending this is important in my view.

I would also highly suggest oil analysis over the lifetime of your bike. I use:

www.blackstone-labs.com

Order the free sampling kit early as they usually take 2wks or so to arrive.

I would also ask them to note down any changes like CO% adjustment (from and to) and even which cyl's they found out of balance.

Just my highly recommended suggestions.
Stellar recommendations! Thanks for the link on the lab. :king:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts