MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone here.

I finally took the plunge and traded in my CB1000R for the above titled beautiful machine.

May the 1st cant come quick enough :mouthwate:mouthwate

Any tips re running in.........do's & don'ts ect would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sennetti.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Only 5 days now! Just do what the owners manual says. Do thrash it, don't trash it.

:brutale:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on the new bike.
remember to post some pics when the beautiful beast arrives.

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
Sweet......follow the manufacturer's break-in recommendations....be happy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Aaargh.... I read the manual but it didint reallly say much, in fact I can't remember anything about break in. Without searching, what do u recommend for the 1078cc engine in this thing?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes, I wiggled the mirror and it stopped. It's pretty skinny under that seat. Mine has the machine for the toll booth reader, plus the toolkit and it's tapped out. You might get lucky, I have never owned a disc lock so am having trouble visualizing if it would fit or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting mine on saturday also , what colour you gone for ?
where from ?

5 more sleeps to go

steve
Hi Steve

Ive gone for the white/black from blades in Swindon.

Nice photos Squid and cheers to everyone for their comments. I will sort out the photos and post them of course.

Regards

Sennetti

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
Aaargh.... I read the manual but it didint reallly say much, in fact I can't remember anything about break in. Without searching, what do u recommend for the 1078cc engine in this thing?
Varied rpms and loads over first 500kM and less than 6K rpm...mainly just no constant long periods at one rpm. Occasional hard throttle up to that 6K to put combustion pressure onto the rings to help sealing.

Then same thing up to 8K rpm max until 1000kM.

Then go have fun.

Best way to break in is to go riding on rolling curvy country roads where you will be constantly on and off throttle and also getting a feel for the new mount....breaking yourself in, so to speak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting mine on saturday also , what colour you gone for ?
where from ?

5 more sleeps to go

steve
Varied rpms and loads over first 500kM and less than 6K rpm...mainly just no constant long periods at one rpm. Occasional hard throttle up to that 6K to put combustion pressure onto the rings to help sealing.

Then same thing up to 8K rpm max until 1000kM.

Then go have fun.

Best way to break in is to go riding on rolling curvy country roads where you will be constantly on and off throttle and also getting a feel for the new mount....breaking yourself in, so to speak.
Nice one, top info cheers for that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Guys

Got my 1090RR delivered last Friday. Regarding running in. Very difficult to stay below 6k revs when you first take it out cos you just want to know what it can do. Head says don't, heart screams do it. You will not be disappointed, the engine is sublime and the chassis set up for me is absolutely spot on, I'm 5'8" weighing 11stone. The only adjustment I've had to make are the foot-pegs, break and gear lever settings and brake and clutch. I don't think I have ever scrubbed a set of tyres in right to the edge so quickly. Two runs to Skegvagas and back (500miles) and it feels like I've owned it for years. Booked in for its first service next week then I can really give it some beans.

Oh and you can get a disc lock under the rear seat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was told to get it done between 600 and 800 miles and not to go over. Valve check on the first service, not cheap, £350 and they need it all day.

·
Registered
229 Posts
is that what the book says ?
i was told oil only at first but didn;t ask when it was , although first dealer i spoke to told me 1200 miles which i found a bit late .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts