MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN 08 910r Brutale and I am wondering if there is anyone who can tell me how I can get the software and cables to connect to and reflash my ecu. I know microtec is good, and u can buy the tuned ecus for these bikes, but I have also heard you can infact tune the factory ecu. is there anyone on here that knows how to connect and tap into the 5sm ecu???

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Talk to Chuck ( silentservice703 ) he knows the guy in your area.... There are several threads about this and the New England Tuning Weekend (I think).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that. Rob's Dyno shop is 70 miles from me which isn't a far ride at all. but I'm sure the tune and dyno time could cost a grand or better. I would love to find a software that I can use to tune and datalog and make adjustments. I'm familiar with street tuning and comparing data to make adjustments and I think itd be sweet to have that option

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
Why not ask him....I don't think it will cost that much. He has already done a few and has maps developed.

Software to do your own mapping is going to cost a great deal more, and Power Commanders only allow fuel adjustments...no timing which s the real area for improvement on the MV.

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
There certainly are benefits to having the ECU Dyno Tuned...like ignition table adjustments...that do wonders for the bike. FWIW: It was certainly less than 1k to tune a bike and some maps can be transferred for ~$300.00 as I remember.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There certainly are benefits to having the ECU Dyno Tuned...like ignition table adjustments...that do wonders for the bike. FWIW: It was certainly less than 1k to tune a bike and some maps can be transferred for ~$300.00 as I remember.
I'm definitely going to be contacting him in the spring. I will definitely let you know when Chuck, that way if you're available you can come down and hang. I definitely want to have the ignition table adjusted also, which is why I wouldn't even bother with a power commander. I like getting things done correctly. Thanks yall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts