MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@JDS Sorry, been away on holiday for a week...

Very rarely see Scramblers for sale. Highly prized!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Where To Look

Hi Jonathan

I know, even the less rare Ducati's only come up now and again..

Hope you had a good holiday.

Here is one & there is a few in Italy - I don't know why but I don't really go for the Scramblers. I have found a few in Italy as well or more to the point my relatives find them for me :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
If someone in the US really wants one of those silver and yellow MV Scramblers I know where one is near me, and it might be for sale.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts

Cheers for the link Rob.. I've always liked the scrambler look, as it reminds me of Steve McQeen in the On Any Sunday film..

That's why I recently bought a Yamaha 74 DT400 and then added to the collection a 69 DT1 250 and a 72 RT1 360..

Scramblers are cool and they don't come any cooler than a 67 Triumph TT120C... Check out my picture album.

If I could find a nice MV or Ducati Scrambler in the UK, then I would be interested, but it's to much hard work to ship one in from abroad at the moment, as the UK has recently changed its import rules..

I know it's not your cup of tea, but have you heard that Ducati are making a retro version of their old Scrambler bike.. Check it out on Google..

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts

Cheers for the link Rob.. I've always liked the scrambler look, as it reminds me of Steve McQeen in the On Any Sunday film..

That's why I recently bought a Yamaha 74 DT400 and then added to the collection a 69 DT1 250 and a 72 RT1 360..

Scramblers are cool and they don't come any cooler than a 67 Triumph TT120C... Check out my picture album.

If I could find a nice MV or Ducati Scrambler in the UK, then I would be interested, but it's to much hard work to ship one in from abroad at the moment, as the UK has recently changed its import rules..

I know it's not your cup of tea, but have you heard that Ducati are making a retro version of their old Scrambler bike.. Check it out on Google..

Hey John, you know me I respect (genuine) passion above all else regardless of what it is for :) I do get what you are saying about the scrambler & link that gives it meaning to you. I think that's cool if that's worth anything - lol

As for the Ducati Scrambler a (well meaning) person who doesn't know me very well showed me a magazine with a pic and his preamble was "I know you love bikes and you are going LOVE this new Ducati" and proceeds to show the new Scrambler.

I was, of course, polite but did point that not all Italian bikes are Ducatis just like not all Asians are Japanese. He had a laugh at the analogy as I did at him thinking I'd LOVE that thing or more to point presuming to know what I'd love when he is a casual acquaintance (lovely guy) at best.

I said hell I am as far removed from a Ducatista as you could get and EVEN I realise that thing is wrong! It has an extra cylinder :laughing: I mean a remake of a single with a twin? Gosh I hope MV don't ever do that - the embarrasment will kill me! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts