MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some help please.I am looking for a 500cc 2 stroke as new as possible and putting out some decent hp. Anyone got idea where i could source one?Oh sport bike like the rd 500 please not dirt bikes.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I wouldn't know where to begin. I know a little bit about the 250s but nothing about the 500s. I'm hoping to learn a little too. Ade and Noel know a lot about them. I'm sure others do as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-RG500-Gamma-W-W-/320812673807?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4ab1eceb0f

We got some of these in Australia and some RZ500's and that was about the last of them for out here. A friend had the Yamaha and it was a little quicker in a straight line than my Ducati MHR Mille however at Phillip Island the Ducati was quicker around the track, the Yamaha didn't have the handling of the Ducati.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-RZV500R-rzv500-RD-500-RD500-Japanese-import-/290535497044?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43a543dd54

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw these but i want more power like a gp bike.Plus i want it as a little project give it a new face with the same stong heart with a few add ons.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was working on my project with the 2 stroke shop on getting an RS500, but apparently everything fell apart (concept, parts, machine, partnership....), so now I am flying solo on this new project.
The RS 250 frame houses a rd 350 motor. the motor can be bored out to 496, but a company has gotten about 110hp out of the 485 (the increase from there is not that dramatic). The biggest issue was heat control for city use (but if you have an MV you are already accustom to this....)
RD350 parts/kit/aftermarket parts/support/replacements/tuners are so plentiful, because of their long run and how yamaha has kept the motor going in other vehicles, I cant even think of the word to describe it.
It is like the 2 stroke version of the gsxr 1100 motor trilogy.
Dont let it put you off that it is a twin.
pushing a streetable 110hp to roughly about 260lbs is fucking awesome. :)
And you know how 2 strokes are, so you could make this puppy into something insane (130 - 140 but you may have a grenade, but no problem! parts are cheap!)
Will a 4 cyl 500 2T outrun this down to the first turn? Maybe. And that is a real Maybe.
If they get to the turn at the same time will the 4cyl beat it around? No. unless it is K.R. Jr. riding :)
When you seize a piston in your four cyl 2t, your wait for part ill most definetly be remenicent of waiting for parts for your MV.... if you even find it :)!
If you are going to ride the crap outta the thing, i would put smart money on building up a big bore RD350 motor in a RS 250 chassis. Both proven winners and modern enough to make you drool.

And the development keeps coming, a race shop just developed a EFI kit for this motor!?!?
I am waiting to see the results of this................ :)

either way brother, per tu due tempi 500 per pista o strada, bona suerte

Tree 2c

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Why try to do a big bore kit on a RS250 / RGV250 motor.

I would try to get a 1000cc 2 stroke ski-doo motor and put this on a bike.

At least you can get parts for the ski-doo motors and a ton of after market parts.

Its also a brand new motor!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Everlude makes great 2 stroke engines with direct injection and clean burning too!!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Hey guys i need some help please.I am looking for a 500cc 2 stroke as new as possible and putting out some decent hp. Anyone got idea where i could source one?Oh sport bike like the rd 500 please not dirt bikes.
This should be fun.
I'm all ears!!

Please tell me what exactly is your expectations from the possible bike you require?

You want a full-on race 500cc multi cylinder or a production based bike? 500cc 2 strokes are not produced anymore and haven't been for the general public since back in the early 80's, back then the RD 500 Yamaha or the RG 500 Suzuki were being produced, both of which are iconic bikes now but are heavy and don't pump out a lot of HP.

The Bimota V-Due was a complete peice of shit!! so much so in fact it financially wrecked the Bimota factory completely as they made a right bollox of getting the fuel injection to not work.

There are still some of these around which have been converted to carburettors but in my personal opinion they are as ugly as hell!! Just look at those half assed zorsts for example :jerkoff:

Tell me what your expectations are and I will try and give you some good information.

500cc 2 strokes are generally:-

a) Temperamental.
b) Spensive to run.

In a nutshell you need to know what you are doing with these things trust me I have a workshop full of 2 strokes and many years experience with racing them too!!

One bloke you should possibly contact is mvmerito here on the forum, James built a beautiful and completely outrageous bike recently​

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm all ears!!

Please tell me what exactly is your expectations from the possible bike you require?

You want a full-on race 500cc multi cylinder or a production based bike? 500cc 2 strokes are not produced anymore and haven't been for the general public since back in the early 80's, back then the RD 500 Yamaha or the RG 500 Suzuki were being produced, both of which are iconic bikes now but are heavy and don't pump out a lot of HP.

The Bimota V-Due was a complete peice of shit!! so much so in fact it financially wrecked the Bimota factory completely as they made a right bollox of getting the fuel injection to not work.

There are still some of these around which have been converted to carburettors but in my personal opinion they are as ugly as hell!! Just look at those half assed zorsts for example :jerkoff:

Tell me what your expectations are and I will try and give you some good information.

500cc 2 strokes are generally:-

a) Temperamental.
b) Spensive to run.

In a nutshell you need to know what you are doing with these things trust me I have a workshop full of 2 strokes and many years experience with racing them too!!

One bloke you should possibly contact is mvmerito here on the forum, James built a beautiful and completely outrageous bike recently​
Hey thanks ade i would like to honestly get this as a serious track weapon. If I could get for a minimum of around 170bhp (if possible) would be quite good but honestly if it could go higher I will take it.This will be a street legal full blooded race machine.In my country there are no strictures for motorcycle what so ever hence a 3rd world states per sea but i will be shipping the bike back and forth between the us and home for track days when I'm in Florida in my other home so it will have to be changed to track fairing for those occasions.Also a new face lift with something a little more sporty would be great as well from the conventional look.So these are my specifications ade what info and assistance can you give.:guitarist

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Hey thanks ade i would like to honestly get this as a serious track weapon. If I could get for a minimum of around 170bhp (if possible) would be quite good but honestly if it could go higher I will take it.This will be a street legal full blooded race machine.In my country there are no strictures for motorcycle what so ever hence a 3rd world states per sea but i will be shipping the bike back and forth between the us and home for track days when I'm in Florida in my other home so it will have to be changed to track fairing for those occasions.Also a new face lift with something a little more sporty would be great as well from the conventional look.So these are my specifications ade what info and assistance can you give.:guitarist
Minimum 170bhp from a 500cc 2 stroke .......... I don't think so!!

The full factory Kenny Roberts TZ 750 4 cylinder only produced around 120bhp.

I think you need to do a little more research as with the greatest of respect your expectations are completely off the scale in the reality I live in.

:popcorn:​

1 - 20 of 70 Posts