MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2TT5tqt_Ao

Am I the only that feels like a 4x4 is now required to travel in cities with all the speed humps and speed bumps and potholes?

In one way they say we have to lower CO2 emissions but on the other hand they force us to accelerate-brake-accelerate-brake, which uses more petrol, unless you are happy to create road rage while those waiting behind you finally accept that you won't go any faster than 5 mph.

Then you got the wear on your suspension and direction of your car.

I surprised myself on a least one occasion at night with a speed bump that was hardly visible while on my bike.

To add to it a bit more, it is partly my fault, I am paying these through council tax.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Couldn't comment - I drive a LR Discovery with an auto box :naughty: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I'm debating on the Qashqai (2.0), Freelander2, Q3, X3.
Leaning on the Q3 (not Quattro, nor S-line) atm.
I think Freelander2 got a smoother drive because of its suspension system.
While the Q3 and X3 got a nicer interior.
Qashqai, I hear a lot of bad thing about it, but having asked owners and previous owners, they seemed to be happy with it.

Mercedes and Audi saloon, you got to go to Class S or A8 to have the comfort.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I had an XC60 R-Design. Loved it to bits. Decent mileage and fast as fook. Also looked at the Victoria Beckham (Evoque) and it's quite the vehicle, much more suited to the streets of London.

However, you can't really go wrong with a diesel Freelander2.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an XC60 R-Design. Loved it to bits. Decent mileage and fast as fook. Also looked at the Victoria Beckham (Evoque) and it's quite the vehicle, much more suited to the streets of London.

However, you can't really go wrong with a diesel Freelander2.
I looked into the XC60. I thought it would be smaller than the XC90.
Is it? Really?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
It is a bit smaller, yes. About the same length, but not as tall and a tiny bit narrower. I'm not sure about the new one XC90, but the old body-style, yes. Plus, you guys get the diesel version (which I'm jealous of).

This was mine right after I got it in to California before my trip up to Alaska. Hope you like the reg number. :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regarding the Evoque, it appears it does 28mpg (the official figure is a joke). I would be more happy with 50mpg...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Well, you are looking at 4x4s. None of them really get what's on the sticker. Especially if you're going to be driving in London. But the diesels are usually pretty close. My current truck gets maybe 9 UK MPG around town, so 28 UK MPG sounds wonderful.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, you are looking at 4x4s. None of them really get what's on the sticker. Especially if you're going to be driving in London. But the diesels are usually pretty close. My current truck gets maybe 9 UK MPG around town, so 28 UK MPG sounds wonderful.
Now, 9 mpg, that's awful. I never heard such a low figure.
Is it a Hummer?

I wonder why you say "UK MPG".
Miles and Gallon are the same everywhere, right?

They can reach good figures. Newer models have a stop/start system.

The engine stops when you are not moving and automatically starts when you press the accelerator. This save a lot of fuel, especially in London.
A friend from US visiting us was all chuffed at looking at that
He had never seen the like.

I forgot which model but one of them is having issue with that where the battery gets flat if you don't drive mix roads, city and highways.

Some engine can shut down cylinders to save fuel, and others switch from 4wd to 2wd when on normal road condition.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
No, not a hummer, a Nissan Titan with a 6" suspension lift and 35" tires. Does great off road, I'll say that. Haha.

No, the British Imperial gallon is actually bigger than the US gallon. Because of this, MPG figures change.

Yeah, I drove a VW Passat Bluemotion with the start/stop feature. I didn't really care for it. I see the practicality, but I always had this weird fear of the engine not turning back on.

Honestly, you don't need four wheel drive, you just need more ground clearance and suspension travel. There's not a single place in London that actually requires 4WD, even in the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts