MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
22,192 Posts
Thanks.......always enjoy the opportunity to watch big fireworks displays!

·
Registered
85 Posts
From one Brit living in America,happy 4th. Lets not forget what the 4th really means. Long live The Constitution.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I started at 7:30am this morning prepping Jackie's firetruck. Once again, the C'ville 4th parade was a big hit. This afternoon with the family......

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Have a safe and happy Independence Day ....

It’s our wedding anniversary today and if it wasn’t for American Independents Day as a reminder, I’d forget it.. :thewife:

Thanks guys for sharing the same date with us and giving me a build-in reminder every year.. …:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Happy 4th, remember what it's all about.

I need say nothing more...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
SO! Who's town had the best farwurks?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
SO! Who's town had the best farwurks?
According to the American Pyrotechnics Association: http://www.americanpyro.com/assets/docs/Media_Messages/2014%20display%20shows%20to%20see.pdf
1) New York City
2) Nashville - Fireworks 2014 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ9KLLCCwqs
3) Las Vegas
4) Boston
5) San Diego

Also, Nashville's Independence Day Celebration was named one of 5 Insane Festivals in July Around the World". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vayable/5-insane-festivals-in-jul_b_5544259.html
1) Pflasterspektakel in Austria
2) J'Ouvert in Grenada
3) Music City Festival in Nashville
4) Obon Festival in Japan
5) Canal Parade in Amsterdam

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
That's cheating! I meant those on the forum.

Watched the drone video this morning and it's amazing! Didn't know it was in Nashville.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
That's cheating! I meant those on the forum.

Watched the drone video this morning and it's amazing! Didn't know it was in Nashville.
I am on the forum. And in Nashville. :)

The drone video that was posted a while back was not in Nashville. The one I just posted of this year's Nashville fireworks is a different drone video.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Small town fireworks (any small town) are better than big city fireworks. Why? Well, first of all, you're hanging with your buds prior to the event, and you know a third of those at the event.......and second, you're back home, putting the key into the door, twenty minutes after the festivities.

Atlanta hosts a huge event that requires an hour and a half to get situated, and two hours to get home.........while hanging with 200,000 of your "closest" friends.

The C'ville Country Club has a huge event (for us) with burgers, dogs, beer, soda, etc. along with kids attractions that runs a couple of hours prior to the event. Lots of fun. Additionally, our City Government hosts an even bigger event in one of our city parks. Jackie and I have been to both, and like the City event best.

It's not about the fireworks, it's about the people.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,192 Posts
Peachtree City does a great job on the 4th, with a parade in the morning.....think lots of churches and scout troops and the high school band members...oh, and the obligatory politicians....and lots of individuals in decorated golf cars (there's a contest).

Then in the afternoon the golf course opens the fairways and driving range for the public to set up their spots to view the fireworks that go off over the lake.....

But the best part is the world's largest golf car traffic jam after the event....bumper to bumper golf cars winding through the green space woods all over town....at 12 mph in a open electric vehicle conversations and fellowship continue unabated.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
oh, and the obligatory politicians.....
Tell me about it. I had to rub elbows with a Senator for a few hours. Luckily he's a Republican. :D ( :stir: )

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Good one Ryan... :laughing:.. The thing it's Posh and Becks wedding anniversary on the same date, and they would take all the limelight... even though we were first...

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts