MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the chain on my bike (F41000) after 18,300 miles on the original, and I wanted to change the rear sprocket as well. They had in stock a 43-tooth Brutale 910R sprocket (F4 Stock is 40?)...and I thought it would be interesting to get a bit more low end power, trading some of that 186mph in for something usable...

I can't believe the difference. I can ride and power through corners with the revs right in the 7-9 range with ease - much more natural feeling for mountain twisties and sweepers. And the acceleration is incredible to say the least - it's got more "ooomph" down low, although at the cost of a bit more front-end rise when pressing it! Also a bit easier to navigate streets.

Since it's a quick-change sprocket, it's easy to change back if you need to. I recommend giving it a try and see if it works on the roads you ride.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The stock is 38, thats a hugh jump up in gearing, Im guessing the new chain had enough links!!

54 links are in the stock chain in case anyone wants to know...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I thought that stock f4 1000 was 39. I have an Ago and I think that's what I have, but I would like to go up 2 or 3 in the rear.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The R1 had the lowest gearing of the 1000cc machines that I can recall, giving it about 160Km/h in 1st gear!!

But of course you get shafted by all in traffic light sprints

And yes ddnuts my mistake stock rear is 39 teeth

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i think the senna has a 40, or at least that's what was stamped on it. and i think i emoto sells the 43 tooth for the brutale but the chain pitch is different. meaning, i would be careful hammering it. the 910 doesn't have as much power as the F4 and i guess that's the reasoning for changing of chain pitch.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Chain pitch is different because it's a 525 chain vs a 520 chain...not because of "power" unless, you're talking it gets the bigger chain because of more power...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So going by what you guy's just stated a 40 tooth in the rear should be a pretty good all around compromise. no? For a F4-1000 that is. :conveyer:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
oicdn said:
Chain pitch is different because it's a 525 chain vs a 520 chain...not because of "power" unless, you're talking it gets the bigger chain because of more power...
Apparantly, and I only learned this last week, the 910 Brutale also uses a 525 chain like the 1000?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts